A technological fix or technical fix or technological shortcut refers to the attempt of using engineering or technology to solve a problem. Designing automobiles to protect fallible drivers provides one example.
Some references define technological fix as an "attempt to repair the harm of a technology by modification of the system", that might involve modification of the machine and/or modification of the procedures for operating and maintaining it.
The idea of a technological fix is a natural part of modern technology. It has been observed that many technologies, although invented and developed to solve certain perceived problems, often create other problems in the process. In other words, there would be modification of the basic hardware, modification of techniques and procedures, or both.
In other words, Technological Fix is the idea that all problems can find solutions in better and new technologies; but now is used as a dismissive phrase to describe cheap, quick fixes by using inappropriate technologies; these fixes often create more problems than they solve. 
Technology Fix and Social Engineering
While technological fix is a technological solution to address one or more of the bad side effects of a technology, social engineering -that some call attitudinal fix- refers to the use of social policy, regulation, or law to moderate the bad effects of a technology that people use.
- Philosophy of Technology
- Law of Unintended Consequences
- Attitudinal fix
- Social engineering
- Science Magazine, 7 January 1972, Vol. 175 no. 4017 pp. 31-38, Technological "Shortcuts" to Social Change, Amitai Etzioni, Richard Remp
- Cook, Stephen P. The Worldview Literacy Book Parthenon Books 2009. Excerpt at http://www.projectworldview.org/wvtheme46.htm
- Huesemann, Michael H., and Joyce A. Huesemann (2011). Technofix: Why Technology Won’t Save Us or the Environment, New Society Publishers, Gabriola Island, British Columbia, Canada, ISBN 0865717044, 464 pp.
- Mack, E. Pamela. The Technological Fix. 2005. 9 September 2005 http://www.clemson.edu/caah/history/FacultyPages/PamMack/lec122/techfix.htm
- Volti, Rudi Society and Technological Change. 2006.
- Teich, Albert H. Technology and The Future. 10th Edition. 2006 (Note: A collection of Essays)
- The sacred and the limits of the technological fix AR Drengson - Zygon®, 1984 - Wiley Online Library
- The Technological Fix Critique of Agricultural Biotechnology, D Scott, http://wiki.umt.edu/odc/images/d/db/TechFixISU6-25.pdf
- Technology Fix and Social Engineering, http://www.engr.sjsu.edu/sbates/images/tech&civ/Technology_Fix_&_Social_Engineering.doc