|Traded as||ASX: TNE|
Number of locations
|Australia, Malaysia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, South Pacific|
|Products||Commercial support software|
Number of employees
TechnologyOne Limited is a Queensland-based maker of business-to-business software for the government, local government, education, health and community services, utilities, financial services and managed services sectors. The company provides a range of software to more than 800 customers in Australia, New Zealand, Asia, South Pacific and the United Kingdom. In addition to developing software, the organisation also offers consulting and support services.
TechnologyOne was founded by Adrian Di Marco in 1987, when he decided to use relational database technology to make accounting software. Seeking capital to support this venture, he approached investors John and Dugald Mactaggart of J.L. Mactaggart Industries, a former customer, for financial backing.
TechnologyOne set up its first R&D centre at Mactaggart’s hide processing plant in Hemmant, Brisbane, where the company’s first software product, Finance One, was created. Finance One was officially launched in 1991.
TechnologyOne was listed on the Australian Securities Exchange in 1999. In late 2000, the company made its first acquisition, Proclaim Software Pty Ltd, which was rebranded to Proclaim One (now TechnologyOne Property & Rating), and in 2007, it acquired an enterprise content management provider, Avand Pty Ltd, and its product, DataWorks, in 2007, integrating it into its software suite and branding it as TechnologyOne Enterprise Content Management (ECM). In 2008, TechnologyOne made a further acquisition, Outcome Manager Pty Ltd, which provided TechnologyOne with a strategic performance planning product, Performance Planning.
By 2009, TechnologyOne had expanded into each of its target vertical markets; government, local government, education, health and community services, utilities, financial services and managed services sectors.
- "Time to summon our Better Angels", The Deal, Morris Kaplan, July edition, p.31.
- TechnologyOne Office Locations
- "TechOne goes slow on hiring", 2000, The Australian IT News, Jennifer Foreshew, 16 June (accessed 7 October 2009)
- TechnologyOne Services
- AFR Boss, Vol 7, November 2006
- "TechnologyOne acquires Avand for $10 million", 2007, ITWire, Mitchell Bingemann, 12 October (accessed 7 October 2009)
- “Time to summon our Better Angels”, The Deal, Morris Kaplan, July edition, p. 31.
- AFR Boss, Vol 7, November 2006.
- AFR Boss, Vol 7, November 2006, p. 30-32.
- “TechnologyOne acquires local ISV” Australian Reseller News, 20 August 2008, p.12; “TechOne makes performance buy”, 2008, ZDNet Australia, Renai LeMay (accessed 7 October 2009)
- ”TechnologyOne secures new contracts in the UK”, 2009. Queensland Business Review, 26 February.