From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Technosexual is an individual who either:
- has a strong aesthetic sense and a love of gadgets. In this sense, it is a portmanteau word combining "technophile" and "metrosexual", which was first promoted by creative professional Ricky Montalvo to describe "a dandyish narcissist in love with not only himself, but also his urban lifestyle and gadgets; a straight man who is in touch with his feminine side but has fondness for electronics such as cell phones, PDAs, computers, software, and the web."
- has a sexual attraction to machinery, as in the case of robot fetishism. When used thus, it is a portmanteau word combining "technophile" and "sexual". As per this definition of the term, fictional android Gigolo Joe, played by Jude Law in the 2001 science-fiction film A.I. has become the iconic "technosex symbol". Occasionally, this term is used as an insult, implying in a derogatory way that a person would prefer a sex toy to an actual sexual partner.
- Brett, Samantha (2007). Ask Sam TV Ep 10 - What women want next: the technosexual?. Retrieved 2007-11-13.
- "Ricky Montalvo: There is a geek in all of us, so why not show us".
- "Word Spy contributors" (2004) Technosexual wordspy.com
- Scott, Lisa (2007). Metrosexual: Let's mech love. Retrieved 2007-02-10.
- Wilson, Eric (2007). How to Bottle a Generation. Retrieved 2007-03-08.
- Gore, Edward (2002). The Technosexuality, Pygmalionist & Mind Control Fetish FAQ 3.0 The Pygmalion Syndrome
- Hughes, James (2003). The Future of Sex: What will happen when we can transcend erotic desire, romantic love and the human body? Betterhumans
- Miller, Katharine (2004). Enter the Technosexual AlterNet
- De Thézier, Justice (2006). Extreme Makeover Needed: Why and how transhumanists must transcend their nerdy aura Transhumanity