|Organisation type||Student Run, Non Profit Organization|
|Institute||College of Engineering, Guindy|
|Major events||Pro-shows, Choreo-nite, Live concert, Mr & Ms Techofes|
|Slogan||Get pumped up!|
Techofes is the annual inter college social and cultural festival of College of Engineering, Guindy. It is usually held in mid February. Techofes is held for four nights and three days and draws students from nearly 100 colleges. It was founded in 1948. The 66th edition of this south India's biggestvcultural festival Techofes '13 was held this year from Feb 20 - 23.
Techofes is organized by the Students Association and Arts Society (SAAS), an elected, student-run, non-profit organization.
Techofes is held for four nights and three days. The main attractions are Pro-nite and Choreo-nite. Pro-nite is the wing of Techofes that organizes professional shows and concerts. Pronite has hosted music artists such as Vasundara Das in 2007 and Karthik in 2010. Choreo-nite is a dance competition. Finalists of the competition perform for an audience of 15,000 in the open air theatre of Anna University and are judged by renowned choreographers.
The Events include :
- Quizzes such as General, Lone Wolf, SpEnt, Movie, Anime quiz etc.,
- Literary events that include Debates, Creative Writing, discussions, word games and Poem writing contests in English and Tamil
- Dramatic events that include Mono Acting, Dumb C and Adzap
- Dance events, such as solo and group dancing
- Music events such as Solo singing, Classical vocals, Light Music, Anthakshari and Battle of Bands
- Art events such as Flower Arrangement, Veg Carving, Junk Arts and Collage
- Public speaking events such as Just a Minute (JAM), Ship Wreck, Spell Bee
- Creative events such as Face Painting, Fireless Cooking, Mehendi and Pencil sketching
- Film/movie making and Photography contests, judged by acclaimed directors
- PC and Wii gaming events
- Treasure Hunts and Material Hunts
- Multiple category quizzes
- Techofes exclusive events such as Lollu Express, Pickup Drop Escape and Hunts in CEG
- Workshops in the arts and other areas
- Online events
- Professional shows, entertaining guest lectures and Celebrity concerts
- Best of the Festival events (Variety Show, Choreo-Nite and Mr & Ms Techofes)
- Other informal events.
 Techofes Awards
For the first time in college culturals, CEG came up with this idea of finding out the best actor, actress, film, director, music director, camera man and all other categories. And the most exciting news for the students was that the awards would be given using students' vote.
 Past editions
- Techofes '06 took place starting 10 February 2006.
- Techofes '07 took place starting 14 February 2007. The special visitor was actor Vikram and the showpiece event was a concert by Vasundra Das.
- Techofes '10 took place starting 14 February 2010. It included a special screening of Aayirathil Oruvan at the presence of its director Selvaraghavan. Pro-nite saw a performance by Karthik.
- Techofes '11 took place starting 16 February 2011. It saw film making workshops with Gautham Menon and Sameera Reddy.
- Techofes '12 took place starting 15 February 2012. It included performances of Dhanush, Anirudh and Ajeesh of the then upcoming movie 3 on opening night, a sumo wrestling performance and a live-in concert for composer Yuvan Shankar Raja.
 See also
- "Techofes'10 Inauguration, CEG's cultural festival". The Hindu (Chennai, India). 16 February 2010. Retrieved 29 October 2011.
- "Home - Anna University". annauniv.edu. Retrieved 13 November 2011.
- "Techofes'07, Bigger than Before". The Hindu (Chennai, India). 13 February 2007. Retrieved 29 October 2011.
- "Pro Nite". techofes10.org. Archived from the original
|url=(help) on 2010-02-09. Retrieved 1 November 2011.
- "Techofes `06 ... four days of non-stop fun on the cards". The Hindu (Chennai, India). 10 February 2006. Retrieved 29 October 2011.
- "Events at Techofes". Retrieved 28 October 2011.
- "Techofes 11". techofes11.org. Retrieved 1 November 2011.
- "Dhanush, Anirudh at it again". thehindu.com. Retrieved 2 March 2012.
- "When titans clashed at ‘Techofes'". thehindu.com. Retrieved 2 March 2012.
- "Techofes 2012 - Live-in-concert". techofes.in. Retrieved 29 February 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Techofes|