||Two-seat light single
$144,999 (assembled LSA version, with Rotax 912S
engine, 2010 price)
The Tecnam P2002 Sierra is a two seat, low-wing, light aircraft built by Tecnam, constructed from aluminium and powered by a single Rotax 912 S2 engine. The aircraft features a sliding canopy which can be opened in flight.
- P2002 JF
- Model with fixed tricycle landing gear. A variable-pitch propeller version was certified by the European Aviation Safety Agency in 2012.
- A version with hand controls for disabled pilots is also available factory-fitted.
- P2002 JR
- Model with hydraulically retractable tricycle landing gear
- P2002 EA
- Kit Built fixed tricycle landing gear
- P2002 RG
- Kit Built model with pneumatic retractable tricycle landing gear
Note that certified models have hydraulic gear and propeller, kit RG model has pneumatic gear and electric propeller.
The P2002 is mostly operated by private individuals and flight schools.
Tecnam P2002JF F-HAZB on the ground at Saint-Cyr L'Ecole (LFPZ), France
- Crew: 1
- Capacity: 1 pilot and 1 passenger
- Length: 21 ft 7 in (6.6 m)
- Wingspan: 29 ft 6 in (9 m)
- Height: 7 ft 6 in (2.3 m)
- Wing area: 124 ft² (11.5 m²)
- Empty weight: 730 lb (331 kg)
- Max. takeoff weight: 1,320 lb (600 kg)
- Powerplant: 1 × Rotax 912 S2, 100 hp (75 kW) at 5,800 rpm
- Propeller diameter: 5 ft 3 in (1.6 m)
The retractable models can expect a cruise speed of around 10kts faster.