|P2010 on display|
|Role||Four seat light aircraft|
|Manufacturer||CostruzioniAeronautische Tecnam srl|
|First flight||12 April 2012|
The Tecnam 2010 is a four seat, high wing, single engine light aircraft of mixed metal and carbon-fiber-reinforced polymer construction. Designed and built in Italy, it was first presented in public in April 2011.
Design and development
The Tecnam P2010 is a larger, four seat relative of the Tecnam P2008 two seat braced high wing light aircraft. Both types have metal wings and tailplane on a composite fuselage with integrated fin. The P2010 was first seen in public at Aero 2011 in April 2011 at Friedrichshafen and first flew on 12 April 2012. The company is planning to have US FAR Part 23 certification completed by November 2012 and will refund deposits if the aircraft is not certified by the end of 2014.
The wing leading edge is straight except for some pinching at the root and the wing has constant chord on the inner section. Outboard, the trailing edge is tapered; the straight wing tips are slightly upturned. Ailerons span the outboard panels and the inner sections carry flaps. There is a single lift strut on each side, attached to the lower fuselage. The P2010 has a low set all-moving constant chord tailplane with an anti-balance tab. The fin is swept and the rudder moves above the tailplane.
The P2010 is powered by a 135 kW (180 hp) Lycoming IO-360-M1A horizontally opposed four cylinder piston engine. The cabin seats the pilot and three passengers in two side-by-side rows, accessed by three doors. Its fixed tricycle undercarriage has spring cantilever main legs and a castoring nosewheel. All wheels have speed fairings.
Tecnam announced that they sold 30 delivery positions for P2010s at Aero 2011.
Data from Jane's All the World's Aircraft 2011/12., Sport Aviation June 2012
- Capacity: 4
- Length: 7.54 m (24 ft 9 in)
- Wingspan: 10.50 m (34 ft 5 in)
- Height: 2.64 m (8 ft 8 in)
- Wing area: 14.60 m2 (157.2 sq ft)
- Airfoil: NACA 63A
- Empty weight: 710 kg (1,565 lb)
- Max takeoff weight: 1,160 kg (2,557 lb)
- Fuel capacity: 210 L (46.2 Imp gal, 55.5 US gal) in two wing tanks
- Powerplant: 1 × Lycoming IO-360-MIA air cooled flat four piston engine, 130 kW (180 hp)
- Propellers: 2-bladed
- Maximum speed: 259 km/h; 161 mph (140 kn)
- Cruising speed: 237 km/h (147 mph; 128 kn) normal, at 65% power at 2,286 m (7,500 ft)
- Range: 1,222 km (759 mi; 660 nmi)
- Service ceiling: 4,572 m (15,000 ft)
- Rate of climb: 5.3 m/s (1,040 ft/min) maximum at sea level
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tecnam.|