||This article may contain improper references to self-published sources. (October 2013)|
||This article's "Tecplot Chorus" section contains content that is written like an advertisement. (January 2015)|
Tecplot 360 on Linux
|Stable release||2013 / 2013|
|Operating system||Windows, OS X, Linux|
Tecplot is the name of a family of visualization software tools developed by Tecplot, Inc., which is headquartered in Bellevue, Washington. (The firm was formerly operated as Amtec Engineering.)
For engineers who use Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) for configuration analysis or optimization, and need to predict the performance over the operating envelope, Tecplot Chorus simplifies the understanding of data generated by tens or thousands of simulation cases, to help the user make better decisions faster. Tecplot Chorus integrates metadata analytics with field data exploration in one easy-to-use environment to help the user better understand the underlying physics that drive the trends and anomalies observed in the metadata.
Tecplot 360 is a Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) and numerical simulation software package used in post-processing simulation results. Tecplot 360 is also used in chemistry applications to visualize molecule structure by post-processing charge density data.
Common tasks associated with post-processing analysis of flow solver (e.g. Fluent, OpenFOAM) data include calculating grid quantities (e.g. aspect ratios, skewness, orthogonality and stretch factors), normalizing data; Deriving flow field functions like pressure coefficient or vorticity magnitude, verifying solution convergence, estimating the order of accuracy of solutions, interactively exploring data through cut planes (a slice through a region), iso-surfaces (3-D maps of concentrations), particle paths (dropping an object in the "fluid" and watching where it goes).
Tecplot 360 may be used to visualize output from programming languages such as Fortran. Tecplot also supports data import from ANSYS, Microsoft Excel, FLOW3D, ASCII files, and its own native binary format. ParaView supports Tecplot format through a VisIt importer.
Tecplot Focus is plotting software designed for measured field data, performance plotting of test data, mathematical analysis, and general engineering plotting.
Tecplot RS is a tool tailored towards visualizing the results of reservoir simulations, which model the flow of fluids through porous media, as in oil and gas fields, and aquifers.
- Chima, Rodrick V. (2011). "TCGRID 3-D Grid Generator for Turbomachinery User’s Manual and Documentation" (PDF). nasa.gov. NASA Glenn Research Center, MS 5-12 21000 Brookpark Road. Archived from the original (PDF) on September 17, 2012.
- Simon Ievers, Wenxian Lin (2009). "Numerical simulation of three-dimensional flow dynamics in a hot water storage tank". Applied Energy 86 (12).
- Adam C. Cankaya, William A. Arnold (2006). "Microgravity Science Glovebox CFD Model for the Zero Boil-Off Tank Experiment".
- Jones, Travis E.; Eberhart, Mark E. (2009). "The irreducible bundle: Further structure in the kinetic energy distribution". The Journal of Chemical Physics 130 (204108): 204108. doi:10.1063/1.3139113.
- "What is the advantage of MATLAB over FORTAN?". ResearchGate. 2013.
- Crosky, Alan; Grant, Carroll; Kelly, Donald (2012). "Fiber Placements". Wiley Encyclopedia of Composites. doi:10.1002/9781118097298.weoc084. ISBN 9781118097298.
- "cfd:post-processing:tecplot". Lappeenranta University of Technology. 2012.
- "open tecplot date format using paraview". 2013.
- "Importing 1D Tecplot files to Paraview with Zones".
- "VisIt 2.7.0 - Changelog". Softpedia. 2013.