Ted Barris (born 12 Jul 1949, Toronto) is a Canadian writer and broadcaster.
He graduated from Ryerson University in 1971. He has served as a host on CBC Radio, and a regular contributor to The Globe & Mail, and The National Post, and has authored over a dozen books. He is a professor of journalism at Toronto's Centennial College. He resides in Uxbridge, Ontario. His father was Alex Barris (1923–2004).
- 1993 Canada 125 Medal “for service to Canada and community.”
- 2006, Bear Hackle Award, by the 78th Fraser Highlanders (Canadian) Regiment 
- Fire Canoe: Prairie Steamboat Days Revisited (1977)
- Behind the Glory: Canada's Role in the Allied Air War (1992)
- Days of Victory: Canadians Remember, 1939-1945 (1995)
- Playing Overtime: A Celebration of Oldtimers Hockey (1995)
- Deadlock in Korea : Canadians at War, 1950-1953 (1998)
- Juno: Canadians at D-Day June 6, 1944 (2004)
- Victory at Vimy: Canada Comes of Age, April 9–12, 1917 (2007)
- The Great Escape: A Canadian Story (2013)