Ted Leo performing at the 2006 Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival
||Theodore Francis Leo
September 11, 1970 |
South Bend, Indiana, United States
||Pop punk, indie rock, Hardcore punk, Thrashcore, Mod revival, Powerpop
||Singer, songwriter, guitarist
||Ace Fu, Gern Blandsten, Lookout!, Touch and Go, Matador Records
||Citizens Arrest, Chisel, The Sin-Eaters, Ted Leo and the Pharmacists
Ted Leo (born Theodore F. Leo on September 11, 1970, in South Bend, Indiana), is an American punk rock/indie rock songwriter and multi-instrumentalist who has played in the bands Citizens Arrest, Chisel, The Sin-Eaters, The Spinanes, and Ted Leo and the Pharmacists. He has also kept up a consistent presence as a solo performer since the late 1990s.
Though born in Indiana, Leo grew up in Bloomfield, New Jersey, where his family is from, and spent many formative years in the hardcore punk scene of New York City during the 1980s and early 1990s. He graduated from Seton Hall Preparatory School in West Orange in 1988 and the University of Notre Dame in the fall of 1993 with a degree in English. His brothers Chris Leo and Danny Leo are also singer-songwriters, and members of Native Nod, The Lapse, The Van Pelt, Vague Angels and Holy Childhood. He is a vegan.
Ted is a fan of and frequent contributor to WFMU, most notably to Tom Scharpling's "The Best Show on WFMU."
In February 2012 Ted Leo and Aimee Mann started playing together in a collaborative project #BOTH and have scheduled shows in Los Angeles and San Francisco.
With Puzzlehead 
With Animal Crackers 
- Split 7" with Whipped (1991)
- Self Titled 4 Song 7" on Thrashing Mad Records
With Citizens Arrest 
- A Light In The Distance 88–90 (1995)
- Soaked in Others Blood (2011)
With Chisel 
- Nothing New (April 1995; Gern Blandsten)
- 8 A.M. All Day (January 1996; Gern Blandsten)
- Set You Free (April 1997; Gern Blandsten)
With Hell No 
- Reformer 7" (1991)
- Skin Job Lp (1992)
- "Hell No" (1992)
With Ted Leo and the Pharmacists 
Other appearances 
- ^ Williams, Michael  "Ted Leo Takes over T.T"
- ^ Eanet, Lindsay  "Ted Leo talks music, politics, Esurance girl]
- ^ Lomax, John Nova. "Gang of New Jersey: Ted Leo and the Pharmacists mingle rampant Europhilia with American Girl", The Village Voice, April 16, 2007. Accessed December 25, 2007. "Bloomfield, Leo's hometown, is just west of New York City and just north of Newark."
- ^ Almond, Steve. "Ted Leo", New Times Broward-Palm Beach, March 29, 2007. Accessed March 10, 2011. "It's virtually impossible to figure out how Ted Leo became, you know, Ted Leo. Born in Bloomfield, New Jersey, Leo graduated from Seton Hall Prep and received a degree in English from Notre Dame. He is now a strict vegan and plays socially conscious punk music."
- ^ PETA2  "Ted Leo's Living With The Living"
External links