Ted N. Branch
|Ted N. Branch|
|Born||Long Beach, Mississippi|
|Service/branch||United States Navy|
|Years of service||1975-Present|
Branch is a career naval aviator, specializing in A-7 Corsairs and F/A-18 Hornets. He has flown combat missions over Grenada, Lebanon, Bosnia-Herzegovina, and Iraq. He has served as the commanding officer of VFA-15 (Strike Fighter Squadron 15), the USS Coronado (AGF-11), the USS Nimitz (CVN 68), Carrier Strike Group One (Carl Vinson Strike Group), and Naval Air Force Atlantic. He has also served on the Joint Staff at the Pentagon.
On 16 May 2013, Branch was nominated by Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel to become the Director of Naval Intelligence and the Deputy Chief of Naval Operations for Information Dominance. He was confirmed by the United States Senate in July 2013 and automatically promoted to Vice Admiral (O-9).
On November 8, 2013, the Navy suspended VADM Branch's access in connection with an NCIS bribery investigation involving Singapore-based defense contractor, Glenn Defense Marine Asia. The investigation as to Branch involves a non-criminal accusation of "inappropriate conduct" associated with his acceptance of gifts from Glenn Marine during the time of his Pacific commands, before his appointment as Director of Naval Intelligence. As of November 2014, Branch's access has not been restored.
Military Awards and Decorations
|Legion of Merit (with one silver award star)|
|Defense Meritorious Service Medal|
|Meritorious Service Medal (with one gold award star)|
|Air Medal with Strike/Flight numeral 1|
|Navy Commendation Medal (with two gold award stars and Combat V)|
|Navy Achievement Medal|
|Joint Meritorious Unit Award|
|Navy Unit Commendation Ribbon (with one bronze service star)|
|Navy Meritorious Unit Commendation Ribbon|
|Navy "E" Ribbon w/ Wreathed Battle E device (5 awards)|
|Navy Expeditionary Medal (with one bronze service star)|
|National Defense Service Medal (with one bronze service star)|
|Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal|
|Southwest Asia Service Medal|
|Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal|
|Global War on Terrorism Service Medal|
|Armed Forces Service Medal|
|Navy Sea Service Deployment Ribbon (with silver and bronze service star)|
|Navy Expert Pistol Marksmanship Medal|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ted N. Branch.|
- http://www.navy.mil/navydata/bios/navybio.asp?bioID=426 Official Navy Biography
- Navy.mil Leadership Biographies
- CARRIER . The Crew | PBS
- Formal Nomination as DCNO for Information Dominance | Naval Intelligence Professionals
- Whitlock, Craig (November 8, 2013). "Two admirals face probe in Navy bribery scheme". Washington Post. Retrieved November 8, 2013.
- Perry, Tony (November 8, 2013). "Two admirals under investigation in Navy bribery scandal". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved November 8, 2013.
- Kenny, Steve; Drew, Christopher (November 8, 2013). "Contracting Case Implicates 2 Admirals". New York Times. Retrieved November 9, 2013.
- Larter, David (3 November 2014). "Sources: US Navy Intel Chief's Security Clearance Suspended, Can't View Classified Info". DefenseNews. Retrieved 3 November 2014.
Kendall L. Card
|Director of the Office of Naval Intelligence