|Born||1966/1967 (age 45–46)|
|Education||Harvard College and University of Chicago Law School|
|Occupation||VP and General Counsel, Facebook|
Theodore W. Ullyot is an American lawyer and former government official. He is General Counsel to the social network Facebook, where he leads the company's legal team. In May 2013, he announced that he will step down from his position in July 2013.
Education and career 
Ullyot graduated magna cum laude from Harvard College in 1990. He studied at the Institut d'Etudes Politiques in Paris from 1990 through 1991. Ullyot attended the University of Chicago Law School, receiving a J.D. with honors in 1994. After graduation he clerked for U.S. Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia and 4th Circuit Court of Appeals Judge J. Michael Luttig.
Ullyot was a partner at the law firm Kirkland & Ellis in Washington, D.C., specializing in telecommunications and appellate law. In October 2000, Ullyot joined the legal department of America Online. After the merger of AOL and Time Warner, he worked for AOL Time Warner from January 2001 to January 2003. After starting in New York as vice president and associate general counsel of AOL Time Warner, he was appointed senior vice president and general counsel for AOL Time Warner Europe in January 2002.
From January 2003 to January 2005, Ullyot worked in the White House as associate counsel and as a deputy assistant to President George W. Bush. He then served as chief of staff to U.S. Attorney General Alberto R. Gonzales. In October 2005, he joined ESL Investments, Inc. as executive vice president and general counsel. Ullyot then returned to Kirkland & Ellis. He has served on the board of directors for AutoZone, Inc. since December 2006.
In September 2008, Ullyot was hired as the general counsel to Facebook, the largest social network on the internet. At the time, the site had more than 100 million members and was valued at $15 billion. His job is to deal with and address the complicated privacy issues that Facebook entails due to its wealth of user data.
- Slater, Dan (September 28, 2008). "Facebook Sends Ted Ullyot A Friend Request". Wall Street Journal
- "Theodore W. Ullyot". Forbes.com. Retrieved February 18, 2011.
- "AOL Time Warner Names Theodore W. Ullyot Senior Vice President and General Counsel for AOL Time Warner Europe". Business Wire. January 18, 2002.
- "Investor Relations: Theodore W. Ullyot". AutoZone, Inc.
- Guynn, Jessica (September 29, 2008). "Facebook hires general counsel as it continues to grow". Los Angeles Times
- Smith, Justin (September 29, 2008). "Facebook hires general counsel as it continues to grow". InsideFacebook.com