Teen Titans (console game)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2008)|
North American box art
|Developer(s)||Artificial Mind and Movement|
|Distributor(s)||Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
Flint Dille (Story)
John Zuur Platten (Story)
|Genre(s)||Action, Beat 'em up|
Teen Titans is a video game  released in 2006 by Artificial Mind and Movement, THQ, and Majesco Entertainment for the PlayStation 2, GameCube, and Xbox. It is the second game based on the Teen Titans animated series.
The game features the Teen Titans (Robin, Cyborg, Starfire, Raven and Beast Boy) as playable characters in story mode. Players are able to switch between any of the five Titans in real time, each with unique fighting abilities, and the game allows up to four players simultaneously. Aside from the game's story mode, players can fight against each other in a versus battle mode, known as Master of Games, with 31 unlockable characters. Many characters from the animated series appear within the game, all of whom (with the exception of Blackfire and Mad Mod) retain their voice actors from the show.
The Teen Titans receive a video game in the mail, one that is starring them. When Cyborg and Beast Boy try to play it, they all get placed in the video game's world. They go through various levels as they try to figure out how to return home, fighting against many enemies and villains they have faced off against before.
After the Titans fight off most of the villains, Slade appears before them, making Robin suspect that he was behind everything, but he, too, is part of the program. The Master of Games then reveals himself as the mastermind, but after the Titans capture him, they find that he is not the true culprit. Breaking the fourth wall, the Titans reveal that the player is behind everything.
- Robin - The most agile of the titans. His melee attacks consist of punches, kicks, and using his bo (staff) to strike opponents and objects. His ranged attack is the "Birdarang". He has a double jump.
- Raven - The all-around titan. Her melee attacks consist of close-range blows and strikes. Her ranged attacks are based on telekinesis. Her titanic attack can cover a whole room, her 'Shadow of Azarath' attack is a combo, but is also part of her titanic attack and in her 'O' charge.
- Cyborg - His melee attacks consist of punches and his ranged attack is the "Sonic Cannon". His super attack makes him move fast while barging through enemies as he goes along.
- Starfire - The ranged titan. Her melee attacks are punches and her ranged attack consists of "Starbolts". The Starbolts deal a lot of damage. She can also shoot them quickly, making them effective when dealing with targets at a distance while keeping on the offensive.
- Beast Boy - The unique titan. His melee attacks consist of simple punches while his ranged attacks are based on different transformations. He has no projectile attacks (except when he turns into a monkey and throws bananas and a werewolf with strong breath). Like Robin, he also has a double jump.
Cast and characters
- Robin (voiced by Scott Menville)
- Cyborg (voiced by Khary Payton)
- Raven (voiced by Tara Strong)
- Starfire (voiced by Hynden Walch)
- Beast Boy (voiced by Greg Cipes)
- Terra (voiced by Ashley Johnson)
- Red X (voiced by Scott Menville)
- Apprentice Robin (voiced by Scott Menville)
- Beast Boy the Clown (voiced by Greg Cipes)
- Beast Boy the MMM Employee (voiced by Greg Cipes)
- Slade (voiced by Ron Perlman)
- Jinx (voiced by Lauren Tom)
- Gizmo (voiced by Lauren Tom)
- Mammoth (voiced by Kevin Michael Richardson)
- Trigon (voiced by Kevin Michael Richardson)
- Cinderblock (voiced by Dee Bradley Baker)
- Plasmus (voiced by Dee Bradley Baker)
- Ternion (voiced by Dee Bradley Baker)
- Mumbo Jumbo (voiced by Tom Kenny)
- Wildebeest (voiced by Jim Cummings)
- Master of Games (voiced by Jim Cummings) (non-playable character)
- Speedy (voiced by Mike Erwin)
- Hot Spot (voiced by Bumper Robinson)
- Bumblebee (voiced by T'Keyah Keymah)
- Mad Mod (voiced by Greg Ellis instead of Malcolm McDowell)
- Dr. Light (voiced by Rodger Bumpass)
- Fang (voiced by Will Friedle)
- Control Freak (voiced by Alexander Polinsky)
- Blackfire (no voice actor)
- Plasmus Kid
- Slade Minion
- Hive Soldier