||This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page.
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2010)
Teen Age Republicans (TARs) is a political youth organization that is an official auxiliary to the United States Republican Party. There are various TAR clubs throughout the United States, at county and state levels. TAR has a presence in all 50 states, as well as the District of Columbia, and has membership in the tens of thousands. Clubs are organized on and off campus into middle school, high school, home-schooled, county and city clubs. The oldest recorded Teen Age Republican Federation is in South Dakota. This Federation was formed in 1960.
TAR provides support to the Republican party and its candidates. TAR members work across the United States to perform community service, develop leadership skills, gain first-hand knowledge of practical political process and apply all these to sway elections in the favor of the Republican Party.
TAR is organized in chapters across United States. There are federations in most states, and clubs in counties and high schools. The organization structure consists of:
- National TAR office - serves only two main functions:
- provide information on existing clubs and/or provide resources and advice on starting a club in areas that do not already have one
- organise the national Teenage Republican Leadership Conference (TLC) and awards ceremony
- State and Regional TAR federations - similar to the Republican Party, the majority of TAR activity takes place on the State level:
- sometimes receive some financial support from their state Party
- most have an elected executive board with its own constitution
- organize statewide events (e.g. summer camp, mock legislative sessions)
- County and Local Clubs - sub-ordinate to state organizations
- formed at county, city or school level
- similar structure and activities to state federations, albeit at a more local level
Teenage Republican Leadership Conference 
Every year since the 1970s, National TARs has hosted the TeenAge Republican Leader Conference (aka TLC) for TARs to come and meet members of Congress, learn club and federation development, and to meet other TARs from across the country. During TLC, National TARs also hosts its annual Awards Ceremony where TARs can apply and win awards such as "Outstanding TAR In the Nation", "Outstanding TAR Club in the Nation", as well as many other awards.
TARs state and regional federations 
Notable alumni 
See also 
External links