Teesdale Business Park
|Teesdale Business Park|
Teesside Development Corporation statue at the entrance to Teesdale Business Park
Teesdale Business Park is a major business park on the former site of Head Wrightsons' Teesdale works in Thornaby-on-Tees in the borough of Stockton-on-Tees, England. The park was redeveloped by the Teesside Development Corporation. The area is immediately north of Thornaby railway station, bounded by the River Tees and the Tees Valley Line (railway line). It is a short distance from Stockton-on-Tees town centre and is connected to Stockton via the Victoria Bridge, Teesquay Millennium Bridge footbridge, Princess of Wales Bridge and Infinity Bridge footbridge.
Buildings and organisations
The area consists of the following buildings, businesses and organisations.
- Advance House, St. Mark's Court – housing Stockton Probation, and the Commission for Social Care Inspection
- Alexander's Car Showroom
- Barclaycard House, Massey Road – housing Barclaycard
- Barclays House, Sabatier Close – housing Barclays
- Camden House, Prince's Wharf / Council of Europe Boulevard – housing CEMEX and Dickinson Dees
- Cavendish House, Prince's Wharf / Council of Europe Boulevard – housing Cubic Transportation Systems. Once housing One NorthEast and Tees Valley Regeneration development agencies
- Christine House, Sorbonne Close – housing Turner and Townsend, TABS Recruitment, Middlesbrough Recruitment
- Churchill House, Pearson Court, Pearson Way – housing Churchill Insurance
- Clearwater House, Columbia Drive – housing Santander's Geoban formerly Abbey mortgage operations
- Crutes House, Fudan Way – housing Crutes Law Firm and accountants Tait Walker
- Dunedin House, Columbia Drive – housing Standard Life, Atkins, Halcrow Group Limited, Choice Holidays, and Energy Solutions International
- Endeavour House, St. Mark's Court – housing the Endeavour Housing Association and Teesdale Housing Association
- Florence House, Pearson Court, Pearson Way – housing Terra Nitrogen (UK) Limited
- George Stephenson House, St Mark's Court – housing HM Revenue and Customs
- OBC House, Sabatier Close – housing OBC Shipping Ltd
- Primecare – Cleveland, Massey Road
- Petroplus in St. Mark's Court
- Progress House, Fudan Way – housing the White Young Green Group
- PX House, Westpoint Road – housing PX Ltd (formerly part of Enron) a provider of operations, management and maintenance solutions
- Radio House, Yale Crescent, vacant, formerly TFM (radio) and Magic 1170
- Richard House, Sorbonne Close – housing Ofsted, TJ Hazel (Engineering Consultants) Ltd., Public Lending Right and Safe in Tees Valley Ltd.
- Robert House, Westpoint Road / Merchants Wharf – housing Sanderson Weatherall, the Co-op Insurance Society and Barwick Systems
- St. Mark's House, St. Mark's Court – housing the DVLA, the Valuation Office Agency and the Insolvency Service
- Swan House, Westpoint Road – housing the Environment Agency
- Swiftcover, Fudan Way
- Teesdale House, Westpoint Road – housing the North East NHS Strategic Health Authority
- VAI House, Fudan Way – housing Siemens VAI (UK)
- Victoria House, Pearson Way – housing the stockbrokers Gerrard
- Westminster House, St. Mark's Court – housing Endeavour Partnerships and LJJ Contractors.
- Educational institutions
- Durham University – Queen's Campus
- Stockton Riverside College, Harvard Avenue.
- Shops and services
- Sainsburys Local, Yale Crescent
- Teesdale Children's Day Nursery, Yale Crescent.
- Public houses
- The Dubliners – Bridge Street.
- Residential and nursing homes
- Alison House Residential Care Home, Fudan Way
- Kirkdale Nursing Home, Radcliffe Crescent
- Teesdale Lodge Nursing Home, Radcliffe Crescent.
- Residential Properties
- Anchorage Mews
- Claremont Court, Stanford Close
- Grosvenor House, Sorbonne Close
- Harriet House, Sorbonne Close
- Helen House, Sorbonne Close
- Rochester Court, Stanford Close
- The Waterside, Sorbonne Close
- Trinity Mews.
- Chapel Street
- Claremont Court
- Columbia Drive
- Council of Europe Boulevard
- East Drive
- Fudan Way
- Harvard Avenue
- Massey Road
- Pearson Way
- Princeton Drive
- Radcliffe Crescent
- Sabatier Close
- Sorbonne Close
- St. Mark's Court
- Stanford Close
- Station Street
- Teesdale Boulevard
- Trinity Mews
- University Boulevard
- Westpoint Road
- Yale Crescent.
- Water features
- Merchants Wharf
- Prince's Wharf
- St. Mark's Basin south east of the Teesquay Millennium Bridge.
In 1987 after Head Wrightsons' Teesdale Works closed and the site was cleared the then prime minister Margaret Thatcher visited the site as part of her visit to Teesside to open the Teesside Development Corporation and made what has been termed, her Walk in the Wilderness.
- Head Wrightsons for the history of the site.