Tehachapi Municipal Airport
|Tehachapi Municipal Airport|
|Aerial: KTSP Airport area|
|IATA: TSP – ICAO: KTSP – FAA LID: TSP|
|Operator||City of Tehachapi|
|Elevation AMSL||4,001 ft / 1,219.5 m|
Tehachapi Municipal Airport (IATA: TSP, ICAO: KTSP, FAA LID: TSP) is a public airport located in Tehachapi, serving Kern County, California, USA. This general aviation airport covers 264 acres (107 ha) and has one runway.
The airport was established in 1929 originally to support an air mail route between Tehachapi and Bakersfield, but following the 1952 Kern County earthquake, Tehachapi became inaccessible by roads or rail, and the airport served as the destination for an emergency relief airlift for several weeks. There are hangars and an industrial park on the south side of the airport, and in[update] the city planned to begin an expansion of the airport to include a taxiway and hangars on the north side.
- Mountain Valley Airport, privately owned gliderport also located in Tehachapi
- List of airports in Kern County, California
- Tehachapi Composite Squadron 46, Civil Air Patrol
- Flying into Tehachapi — by Frank Holbert.
- Tehachapi Municipal Airport-related articles in the Tehachapi News:
- FAA Airport Master Record for TSP ( PDF)