Teijin Limited (帝人株式会社 Teijin Kabushiki-gaisha) is a Japanese chemical and pharmaceutical company. Its main fields of operation are high-performance fibers such as aramid, carbon fibers & composites, healthcare, films, resin & plastic processing, polyester fibers, products converting and IT products.
The company is listed on the first section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the Nikkei 225 stock index.
As of March 2014, the Teijin Group comprises 151 companies, 56 in Japan and 95 overseas.
Business segments and products
- Advanced Fibers & Composites Business
- Electric Materials & Performance Polymer Products Business
- Polycarbonate resin
- PEN resin
- PET film
- PEN film
- Processed film
- Healthcare Business
- Pharmaceuticals in the treatment of bone and joint disease, respiratory disease and cardiovascular and metabolic disease
- IT Business
- Products Converting Business
- Sales and trading of fibrous raw material, apparel, industrial materials and performance polymer products
- Polyester/Recycled polyester fibers/textiles
- Closed-loop recycling of polyester products
The company's Tokyo offices