|Province of Turkey|
|• Total||6,218 km2 (2,401 sq mi)|
|• Density||130/km2 (330/sq mi)|
|Per capita income||14,788 TL (19th; 2011)|
The Tekirdağ Province (Turkish: Tekirdağ ili , pronounced [teˈkiɾdaː]) is in Trakya (Thrace), the northwestern part of Turkey. The capital city is Tekirdağ. It is famous for its meatball called "Tekirdağ köfte" and the Turkish alcoholic drink called Tekirdağ rakısı.
Tekirdağ province is divided into 9 districts (capital district in bold):
- Turkish Statistical Institute, MS Excel document – Population of province/district centers and towns/villages and population growth rate by provinces
- "İşte Türkiye'nin en zengin illeri" [Here is the richest provinces of Turkey]. Kuzey Ekspres Gazetesi (in Turkish). 2011-09-07. Retrieved 2013-03-01.
Media related to Tekirdağ Province at Wikimedia Commons
- Tekirdağ governor's official website (Turkish) / (English)
- Tekirdağ municipality's official website (Turkish)
- Tekirdağ weather forecast information
|This geographical article about a location in Tekirdağ Province, Turkey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|