|Products||See software listing|
|Revenue||57,8 million euros (2010)|
Number of employees
- Tekla is also a spelling of Thecla, an early Christian saint.
Tekla Corporation is a software engineering corporation specializing in model-based software products for building, construction and infrastructure management. The company was founded in 1966. Its head office is in Espoo, Finland, and the company was listed on the Helsinki Stock Exchange from May 2000 until February 2012.
In May 2011, California-based business technology specialist Trimble Navigation announced a public tender offer to acquire Tekla for $450 million. The acquisition was completed in February 2012.
The name Tekla is a given name, used in the Nordic countries and in Poland. However, in this case it is an abbreviation of the Finnish words Teknillinen laskenta, which means technical computation.
Formerly known as Xsteel (X as in X Window System, the foundation of the Unix GUI), Tekla Structures is 3D building information modeling (BIM) software used in the building and construction industries for steel and concrete detailing, precast and cast in-situ. The software enables users to create and manage 3D structural models in concrete or steel, and guides them through the process from concept to fabrication. The process of shop drawing creation is automated. Along with the creation of CNC-files, files for controlling reinforcement bending machines, controlling precast concrete manufacturing, importing in PLM-systems etc. Tekla Structures is available in different configurations and localised environments to suit different segment- and culture-specific needs; version 20 was released in 2014.
Tekla BIMsight is a software application for building information model-based construction project collaboration. It can import models from other BIM applications using the Industry Foundation Classes (IFC) format, also DWG and DGN. With Tekla BIMsight, users can perform spatial co-ordination (clash or conflict checking) to avoid design and constructability issues, and communicate with others in their construction project by sharing models and notes.
- "Tekla Milestones". Tekla Milestones. Tekla. Retrieved 6 August 2012.
- "Trimble Navigation makes $450 million offer for Tekla Corp". Business Excellence. Retrieved 6 August 2012.
- "Trimble Finland Has Acquired Title to All Shares in Tekla Corporation". Stock Exchange Release, February 10, 2012. Reuters. Retrieved 6 August 2012.
- "Tekla International - Tekla Structures". Construction Software Review. 2020Software.com. Retrieved 6 August 2012.
- "Tekla Structures 20". 17 July 2014.
- Wilkes, Stuart. "Tekla BIMsight 1.2". AEC Magazine. Retrieved 6 August 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tekla.|
- Tekla User Assistance
- Tekla BIMsight
- Xsteeler BIM Forums
- Tekla Campus Access to download Tekla Structures learning edition, a free student license.