||This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2010)|
|This article relies on references to primary sources. (June 2008)|
||It has been suggested that IPsphere Forum be merged into this article. (Discuss) Proposed since October 2011.|
The TM Forum (formerly TeleManagement Forum and the Network Management Forum) is a global, non-profit industry association, for service providers and their suppliers in the telecommunications and entertainment industries.
Members include telephone companies, cable operators, network operators, software suppliers, equipment suppliers and systems integrators. As of 2012[update], the Forum has over 900 member companies in 195 countries.
TM Forum provides information and support to help its members with creating and delivering profitable services. These include industry research and benchmarks, technology roadmaps, best-practice guidebooks, software standards and interfaces, as well as certified training, conferences and publications. The Forum also provides its member community with marketing and networking opportunities.
The OSI/Network Management Forum was founded in 1988 by eight companies to collaboratively solve systems and operational management issues with the OSI protocols. In 1998 the name was changed to the TeleManagement Forum.
The IPsphere Forum was founded in June 2005 at the Supercomm 2005 trade show in Chicago. It evolved from a group called the Infranet Initiative Council when created by Juniper Networks in 2004. Other notable founding members included Cisco Systems and Alcatel. Nippon Telegraph and Telephone (NTT) joined in 2007, and it established a liaison with the Tele-Management Forum later that year. By September 2008 IPsphere Forum merged with the TM Forum.
TM Forum held marketing events called "Content Encounters" at the Management World trade shows in 2007 through 2009. TM Forum's work includes Frameworx, Enhanced Telecom Operations Map (eTOM), Frameworx Shared Information/Data Model (SID) and Telecom Application Map (TAM).
- "About the TM Forum: History". Retrieved October 12, 2011.
- "Open Forum Developing Architecture for Federated Service Infrastructure". News release. June 8, 2005. Archived from the original on February 16, 2008. Retrieved October 12, 2011.
- Jim Duffy (April 21, 2004). "Juniper unveils 'infranet' council". Network World. Retrieved October 12, 2011.
- Jim Duffy (June 9, 2005). "New 'open standards-based forum' to focus on business of IP". Network World. Retrieved October 12, 2011.
- "Next IPsphere Specs to Focus on Hollywood Partners". ScreenPlays. October 31, 2007. Archived from the original on November 10, 2007. Retrieved October 12, 2011.
- Peter Lambert (December 2007). "IPsphere Forum Expands Spec Reach to Include Content, Hosting Interests". ScreenPlays. Archived from the original on February 16, 2008. Retrieved October 12, 2011.
- Doug Mohney (September 19, 2008). "TM Forum acquires IPSphere Forum". Fierce Telecom. Retrieved October 12, 2011.
- "Key Hollywood and Service Provider Industry Consortia Advance Formal Digital Media Standards Collaboration". ScreenPlays. May 4, 2009. Retrieved October 12, 2011.