TelecomBCN is the largest telecommunications engineering school in Spain.
The school's objective is to train engineers in the fields of information and communication technologies. The school offers two study programs that culminate in two different official degrees: one in telecommunications engineering, with two majors (Communications and Telematics Networks)) and the other in Electronic engineering. In the academic year 2004/2005 the school started a new Master of Science degree in Information and Communications technologies taught entirely in English. Currently, the school has over 2500 students.
The school's location is at the North Campus of Barcelona 20 minutes away of the center of the city. You can get there easily with public transport. The easiest way to arrive is using the green line of the underground and getting off at Palau Reial or Zona Universitaria stations. It is expected that a new line (black) will communicate the school directly with the airport at 2012.
- Total number of students: 2,609 (2002/2003)
- New students: 400
- Graduate students : 350 (2002/2003)
- Students with international experience : 129 (2002/2003)
- Exchange students : 74 (2002/2003) 103 (2003/2004)
- # Faculty: 212 (more than 75% are doctors)
- # Academic labs: 32
- Telecommunication engineering
- Electronics engineering
- distance learning option
- combined degree Telecom-Maths
- Master of Science in Information and Communication Technologies
International exchange programs
The school participates in exchange programs with different universities all over Europe, within the Socrates/Erasmus program and the TIME network (Top Industrial Managers for Europe), including higher education institutions in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Holland, Italy, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania,Slovenia and Sweden. It is also involved in student exchange programs with several universities in Switzerland, in the USA and in South-American countries, including Argentina, Chile, Mexico and Venezuela. In the academic year 2003/2004 it had a total of 96 partner universities.
- Signal Theory and Communications: http://www.tsc.upc.es/
- Networks Department: http://www-entel.upc.es/
- Electronics Department: http://petrus.upc.es/
Telecogresca is TelecomBCN's annual festival and is renowned as the largest university festival in Spain.
|This article about a university, college, or other educational institution in Catalonia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|