Telecom Council of Silicon Valley
The Telecom Council https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Copyright_violationsof Silicon Valley, also known as The Telecom Council or (incorrectly) Silicon Valley Telecom Council, TCSV, or SVTC, is a Silicon Valley, California-based association of telecom companies. The group has no association with the former San Diego Telecom Council. The Telecom Council has members ranging across the telecommunications ecosystem, including fixed and wireless service providers, tier 1 vendors, early-stage or start-up companies and venture capitalists. To see the Telecom Council's current member list, visit www.telecomcouncil.com/memberlist.php.
The Telecom Council began in 2000 as the Service Provider Innovation Forum (SPIF) and was open only to telecom companies. The SPIF has held 1/2 day monthly meetings since November 2000 and grew from 3 to 20 carriers by 2006. In August 2007, the Service Provider Innovation Forum added 4 additional fora and became The Telecom Council of Silicon Valley.
The association is a corporate membership-based organization that receives no public funding. It is led by its board. Each of its five fora has a steering committee. In 2012, The Telecom Council board members were Swisscom, British Telecom, Deutsche Telekom, Huawei, Qualcomm, Marvell, Detecon and The Kerton Group. Each of the Council's Fora operates a separate meeting schedule such that the Telecom Council covers 40 different topics per year. Attendees are generally senior executives. Historical attendee lists are publicly available online.
The Telecom Council has awarded SPIFFY Awards annually since 2008. Nominees and winners are selected by the Telecom Council’s Service Provider Forum (SPIF) members from among over 200 startups that represent a broad range of products and services and who present in Telecom Council meetings from June of one year to the next. Award winners, announced annually in September, are chosen for their innovation, market opportunity or quantifiable interest among the Telecom Council’s 25 global Service Providers.
- 2008 SPIFFY Awards
- 2009 SPIFFY Nominations and 2009 SPIFFY Awards
- 2010 SPIFFY Nominations and 2010 SPIFFY Awards
- 2011 SPIFFY Nominations and 2011 SPIFFY Awards
- 2012 SPIFFY Nominations and 2012 SPIFFY Awards
- 2013 SPIFFY Nominations and 2013 SPIFFY Awards
- 2014 SPIFFY Nominations and 2014 SPIFFY Awards
TC3, which stands for Telecom Council Carrier Connections, is an annual 2-day conference in the Silicon Valley in September. Major telcos and operators use TC3 as a platform to communicate their innovation objectives and technical road maps to entrepreneurs, investors, inventors and startup companies and engage the external innovation community in their technology scouting programs.
- San Diego Telecom Council changed its name in October 2005 to CommNexus. http://www.commnexus.org/news/press-releases/news_20060328585.php
- "Spiffys". Telecomcouncil.com. Retrieved 2013-05-19.
- "25 Global Carriers Recognize 7 Telecom Startups with 2008 SPIFFY Awards". Webwire.com. Retrieved 2013-05-19.
- "2009 SPIFFY Award Nominees Announced from Among 96 Telecom Startups". Prweb.com. Retrieved 2013-05-19.
- "25 Global Carriers Recognize 7 Telecom Startups with 2009 SPIFFY Awards". Webwire.com. Retrieved 2013-05-19.
- "2010 SPIFFY Award Nominees Announced - Nominee List Catalogs Telecom Startup to Watch". Prweb.com. Retrieved 2013-05-19.
- "Third Annual SPIFFY Award Winners Announced Global Telecom Service Providers Award Telecom Startups for Innovation and Impact". Prweb.com. Retrieved 2013-05-19.
- "2011 SPIFFY Award Nominees Announced". Webwire.com. Retrieved 2013-05-19.
- "Fourth Annual Telecom Council 2011 SPIFFY Award Winners Announced - Global Telecom Service Providers Recognize Telecom Startups". Webwire.com. 2011-02-25. Retrieved 2013-05-19.
- "2012 SPIFFY Award Nominees Announced". Webwire.com. 2012-06-29. Retrieved 2013-05-19.
- "Fifth Annual Telecom Council 2012 SPIFFY Award Winners Announced". Webwire.com. 2012-09-12. Retrieved 2013-05-19.
- "2013 SPIFFY Award Nominees Announced". Webwire.com. 2013-07-15.
- "Sixth Annual Telecom Council 2013 SPIFFY Award Winners Announced". Webwire.com. 2013-09-19. Retrieved 2013-05-19.
- "2014 SPIFFY Award Nominees Announced". Webwire.com. 2013-07-15.
- "Seventh Annual Telecom Council 2014 SPIFFY Award Winners Announced". Webwire.com. 2014-10-01. Retrieved 2013-05-19.