Telecommunications Consultants India Limited
Telecommunications Consultants India Limited (TCIL) is a government-owned engineering and consultancy company under the administrative control of the Department of Telecommunications (DOT), Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, Government of India. It was set up in 1978 to give consultations in fields of Telecommunications to developing countries around the world. Started with an initial investment of 10lakh. TCIL is present in almost 45 countries, mainly in the Middle East, Africa and Europe. The main objective is providing globally world-class technology and Indian expertise in all fields of Telecommunications.
It has executed E-governance projects, GSM systems, optical fibre on power transmission lines, VSAT networks and radio trunking projects. It diversified into Civil works also. In 2012, the standalone net worth of the company was 420crore. It is a Miniratna company under Ministry of Communications & IT. In 2010-2011 financial year, the turnover of the company was 1833 crore.
- The company holds 30% share in Bharti Hexacom, a joint venture with Bharti Airtel. In September 2014, it announced its plan to sell this stake by mid 2015 to raise funds. 
- It has a presence in Kenya through a joint venture with Airtel Kenya.
- In Saudi Arabia it has presence through a joint venture with NESMA group.
- Tamil Nadu Telecommunications Ltd in Tamil Nadu is a joint venture between TCIL and TIDCO. It manufactures Optical fiber cable and does cable laying business.
- In Palestine it has a presence through a joint venture with BellSouth International. It provides Telecom Software services
- In collaboration with DSIIDC, it has formed Intelligent Communication Systems India Limited an IT service and solution provider.
- "TCIL likely to sell stake in Hexacom to Bharti Tele". The Hindu Business Line (New Delhi, India). 5 January 2004.
- "Telecommunications Consultants India Limited". TCIL. Retrieved 24 May 2013.
- Parbat, Kalyan (7 February 2013). "Government considering divesting 10% stake in Telecom Consultants of India Ltd". The Economic Times. Retrieved 24 October 2013.
- "Acquisition of 60% shares of TCIL Saudi Co. Ltd. from NESMA Group to make it a 100% owned subsidiary company of TCIL". Press Information Bureau, Government of India. 4 July 2012. Retrieved 24 May 2013.
- "TCIL pays Rs. 4.32 cr. dividend to government". The Hindu (India). 5 December 2011. Retrieved 24 October 2013.
- "TCIL: Connecting the world". Hindustan Times (New Delhi, India). 6 June 2010. Retrieved 24 October 2013.
- "50 Most Caring Companies of India". World CSR Congress. Retrieved 24 May 2013.
- "Bharti buys peace with TCIL". The Telegraph (New Delhi, India). 6 December 2011.
- "Bharti Hexacom: TCIL Selling Stake". Bloomberg TV India. 22 September 2014.
- "TCIL stake in Kenyan co cleared". The Hindu Business Line (New Delhi, India). 24 September 2000. Retrieved 24 October 2013.
- "Cabinet approves TCIL's Saudi acquisition". Yahoo India-News (New Delhi, India). 4 July 2012. Retrieved 24 October 2013.
- "TCIL charts out biz plan for Tamil Nadu Telecom". The Hindu Business Line (Chennai, India). 15 September 2010. Retrieved 24 October 2013.
- "Tcil Bellsouth Bags Palestine Telecom Deal". Business Standard (India). 15 April 1998. Retrieved 24 October 2013.