This article is about communications in Angola:
Telephone service is limited mostly to government and business use. 303.200 main lines were reported to be in use in 2009, and 8,109 million mobile cellular lines were reported in 2009. HF radiotelephone is used extensively for military links.
The domestic system consists of a limited system of wire. It also uses microwave radio relay and tropospheric scatter.
The international country code for Angola is 244. Angola has 2 Intelsat satellite earth stations for communications across the Atlantic Ocean. Fiber optic submarine cable (SAT-3/WASC) provides connectivity to Europe and Asia.
- Broadcast stations: AM 21, FM 6, shortwave 7 (2001)
- Radios: 630,000 (1997)
- Broadcast stations: 6 (2000)
- Televisions: 150,000 (1997)
Internet access in Angola is provided by various Telecommunications companies and private ISP's.
- Angola Telecom State telecomunictions provider
- MS Telcom Sonangol owned provider, main focus on oil and gas sector
Internet Service Providers:
- ITA - Internet Technologies Angola Privately owned, focus on corporate services
- Multitel - Corporate focused ISP
- TV-Cabo Residential TV and internet services
- NetOne - Residential WiMAX services
- Internet hosts: 3,717 (2010)
- country comparison to the world: 143
- Internet users: 550,000 (2008)
- country comparison to the world: 105
- ISO 3166-1 alpha-2 country code: AO