From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2013)
Telecommunications in Croatia covers fixed and mobile telephones, radio, television, and the Internet.
- Main lines in use: 1.9 million (2009).
- Mobile cellular: 6.0 million (2009).
- Mobile operators:
- T-Mobile Croatia (prefixes +38598, +38599; GSM 900 MHz, UMTS 2100 MHz, 2,300,000 users)
- Simpa (advertizes as a separate brand, but is actually prepaid T-mobile, users can switch between Simpa and T-mobile prepaid tariffs with an SMS)
- Vipnet (prefix +38591; GSM 900 MHz, UMTS 2100 MHz, 2,100,000 users)
- Tele2 (prefix +38595; GSM 1800 MHz, UMTS 2100 MHz, 516,000 users)
- Mobile virtual network operator:
- Tomato (prefix +38592; uses Vipnet's network)
- BonBon (prefix +385977; uses T-Mobile's network)
- MultiPlus Mobile (prefix +385979; joint project of Konzum and HT, uses T-Mobile's network)
- 24mobi (no prefix - users are encouraged to transfer their existing phone number; joint project of 24sata and HT, uses T-Mobile's network)
- Telephone system (2009):
- all local lines are digital;
- main operator: T-Hrvatski telekom (owned by Deutsche Telekom);
- other operators: Optima Telekom, Portus Telekom (H-1), Iskon Broadband Telekom, B.net, Amis, Metronet.
- Croatia is also investing in ADRIA 1, a joint fiber-optic project with Germany, Albania, and Greece.
Radio and television
- Radio broadcast stations: FM 152 (December 2014).
- Radios: 3.5 million (2006).
- Television stations: 29 (June 2014).
- Televisions: 3.2 million (2006).
- Top-level domain: .hr, administered by the Croatian Academic and Research Network (CARNet).
- Internet users:
- 2.8 million users, 80th in the world; 63.0% of the population, 59th in the world (2012);
- 2.2 million users (2009).
- Fixed broadband: 909,090 subscriptions, 58th in the world; 20.3% of the population, 48th in the world (2012).
- Wireless broadband: 2.3 million subscribers, 60th in the world; 52.3% of the population, 26th in the world (2012).
- Internet hosts: 729,420 hosts, 50th in the world (2012).
- IPv4: 2.0 million addresses allocated, less than 0.05% of the world total, 455.9 addresses per 1000 people (2012).
- Internet Service Providers (ISPs): 41 (2006).
- ^ VIPonline
- ^ a b c "Communications: Croatia", World Factbook, U.S. Central Intelligence Agency, 28 January 2014. Retrieved 1 February 2014.
- ^ a b Calculated using penetration rate and population data from "Countries and Areas Ranked by Population: 2012", Population data, International Programs, U.S. Census Bureau, retrieved 26 June 2013
- ^ "Percentage of Individuals using the Internet 2000-2012", International Telecommunications Union (Geneva), June 2013, retrieved 22 June 2013
- ^ "Fixed (wired)-broadband subscriptions per 100 inhabitants 2012", Dynamic Report, ITU ITC EYE, International Telecommunication Union. Retrieved on 29 June 2013.
- ^ "Active mobile-broadband subscriptions per 100 inhabitants 2012", Dynamic Report, ITU ITC EYE, International Telecommunication Union. Retrieved on 29 June 2013.
- ^ Select Formats, Country IP Blocks. Accessed on 2 April 2012. Note: Site is said to be updated daily.
- ^ Population, The World Factbook, United States Central Intelligence Agency. Accessed on 2 April 2012. Note: Data are mostly for 1 July 2012.