Communications in the Palestinian territories
The telecom infrastructure in the Palestinian territories is growing at a very rapid pace and continually being updated and expanded. Communications in the Palestinian territories occur across many media, including telephone, radio, television, and internet.
- Country calling code: +970 or +972
There are 25 licensed FM stations broadcasting in the Palestinian territories.
- Ajyal - www.radioajyal.com
- Raya - www.raya.fm
- Sama - www.sama-fm.com
- AlSharq - www.alsharq.ps
Media and communications providers
- PalMedia - www.palmedia.com.ps
- Country code top-level domain (ccTLD): .PS
- Internet users:: More than 78,000 ADSL customers by the end of Q1 2009
In 2008 opennet stated "Access to Internet in the Palestinian territories remains relatively open, although social filtering of sexually explicit content has been implemented in Gaza. Internet in the West Bank remains almost entirely unfiltered, save for a single news Web site that was banned for roughly six months starting in late 2008. Media freedom is constrained in Gaza and the West Bank by the political upheaval and internal conflict as well as by the Israeli forces."
In May 2012, the Ma'an news agency stated "The Palestinian Authority has quietly instructed Internet providers to block access to news websites whose reporting is critical of President Mahmoud Abbas." 
Palestine Post is responsible for providing postal service in West Bank, while the Ministry of Telecom and Information Technology is responsible for postal service in the Gaza Strip. Generally, international letters addressed to West Bank are routed through both Jordan and Israel and the international letters addressed to Gaza are routed through only Israel. Delays often happen during sending and receiving letters from Palestine. Without these two national postal authorities, no international courier service would be serving the areas.
- Al-Quds (newspaper)
- Al-Hayat al-Jadidah
- This article incorporates public domain material from websites or documents of the CIA World Factbook.
- "ONI Country Profile: Gaza and the West Bank", OpenNet Initiative, 10 August 2009
- Palestinian territories
- Postage stamps and postal history of the Palestinian National Authority