Telegraf (Baltimore newspaper)
|Owner(s)||Vaclav Joseph Shimek, August Klecka|
|Founder(s)||Vaclav Joseph Shimek|
|Publisher||Čes.-Am. vydavatelské družstvo|
|Editor||Rev. Frank Novak|
|Headquarters||Baltimore, Maryland, USA|
The Telegraf was a local weekly newspaper published in Baltimore, Maryland. The newspaper ran for 42 years, from February 20, 1909 until 1951. It was directed at the Czech community in Baltimore and was published in the Czech language. The newspaper was founded and first published by Vaclav Joseph Shimek, who also founded the Grand Lodge Č.S.P.S. of Baltimore. After 1929, the newspaper was edited by the Rev. Frank Novak and published by August Klecka.
- "Guide to Maryland Newspapers - MSA SC 3774 [OCLC 9483768]". Archives of Maryland Online. Viewed 2011-11-26.
- Tim Almaguer, Friends of Patterson Park Baltimore's Patterson Park (2006) p 81
- "Sokol Baltimore's Sokoletter - May 2010" (PDF). Sokol Baltimore. Retrieved 2011-11-30.
- Chapelle, Suzanne Ellery Greene (2000). Baltimore: an illustrated history. Sun Valley, California: American Historical Press. p. 156. ISBN 1892724111.
- Newsletter with clipping of Telegraf article Newsletter clipping from Sokoletter
- Czech and Slovak Press in America