"Think better, look farther!"
(Serbian: Misli lepše, vidi dalje!)
|Native name||Telenor d.o.o./
|Type||Limited liability company|
|Key people||Ove Fredheim (CEO)|
|Products||UMTS, HSDPA, W-CDMA, EDGE, GPRS, GSM|
|Revenue||€385.91 million (2012) |
|Net income||€94.27 million (2012)|
|Total assets||€383.11 million (2012)|
|Total equity||€264.43 million (2012)|
The first NMT network was announced on December 31, 1994. The signal covered major urban areas and highway routes - 60% of Serbia's inhabited territory and 12% of Serbia's land area. This service is not commercial anymore. The MSISDN Network Code was 061 (international: +381 61); this code is now appointed to Vip Mobile. The GSM network has been in use since 1996.
In 2005 BK Trade sold its shares to a consortium of Austrian investors (through Holdenhurst Holding headed by Martin Schlaff) and the company was renamed Mobi 063. It was purchased by Telenor on July 31, 2006 for €1.513 billion. The Norwegian company outbid such industry heavyweights as TeliaSonera, France Télécom, Deutsche Telekom, Mobilkom Austria, Orascom Telecom and Tele2.
Telenor Serbia GSM signal covers 95% of Serbia's inhabited territory and 90% of Serbia's land area. The company has more than 1033 active base transceiver stations (BTS) which cover all urban and suburban areas, major highway routes, and tourist centers. It has more than 3 million customers. The IMSI Network Code of Telenor is 220-01 and the MSISDN Network Codes are 062 (international: +381 62), 063 (international: +381 63) and 069 (international: +381 69).
Telenor Serbia uses 900/1800 MHz spectrum for GSM network and 2100 MHz spectrum for 3G network.
Telenor Serbia Mobile Broadband (MBB) network currently supports:
- 42 Mbit/s throughput on Downlink and 11.52 Mbit/s throughput on Uplink: Belgrade, Novi Sad, Subotica, Pancevo, Zrenjanin, Sombor and Sremska Mitrovica.
- 14.4 Mbit/s throughput on Downlink and 2 Mbit/s throughput on Uplink: Krusevac, Novi Pazar, Cajetina, Ovcar, Cer and Jastrebac
- 7.2/3.6 Mbit/s throughput on Downlink and 384 kbit/s throughput on Uplink: rest of the 3G network
- "Основни подаци из годишњег финансијског извештаја за обвезника ревизије за 2012. годину". Agencija za privredne registre Srbije. Retrieved 19 October 2013.
- Serbian Chamber of Commerce
- TeleGeography (2006-05-16). "Ten bid for Serbia's Mobi 063".
- Telenor gets Serbia's fixed phone license