Telephone and Data Systems
|Traded as||NYSE: TDS|
|Headquarters||30 North LaSalle
Chicago, Illinois, USA
|Key people||LeRoy T. Carlson, Jr., President & CEO|
|Products||Local wireline and wireless telecommunication services, Internet services|
|Revenue||$4.9 billion USD (2013)|
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. is a Chicago-based telecommunications service company providing wireless, local- and long-distance telephone, broadband and video services to approximately 7 million customers in 36 states through its business units TDS Telecom and U.S. Cellular (NYSE: USM).
The company began as a rural phone company in Wisconsin in 1969. In 1983 it founded U.S. Cellular as a subsidiary.
- LeRoy T. Carlson, Jr., President and Chief Executive Officer, Telephone and Data Systems
- Ken Myers, President and Chief Executive Officer, U.S. Cellular
- David A. Wittwer, President and Chief Executive Officer, TDS Telecom
- Kenneth R. Meyers, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, Telephone and Data Systems
- Joseph R. Hanley, Senior Vice President — Technology, Services and Strategy, Telephone and Data Systems
- Peter L. Sereda, Senior Vice President — Finance and Treasurer, Telephone and Data Systems
- Douglas D. Shuma, Senior Vice President and Corporate Controller, Telephone and Data Systems
- Kurt B. Thaus, Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer, Telephone and Data Systems
- Scott H. Williamson, Senior Vice President — Acquisitions and Corporate Development, Telephone and Data Systems
- C. Theodore Herbert, Vice President — Human Resources, Telephone and Data Systems
Board of directors
- Walter C.D. Carlson, Chairman of the Board (non-executive)
- LeRoy T. Carlson, Jr.
- Letitia G. Carlson, MD
- Prudence E. Carlson
- Clarence A. Davis
- Kenneth R. Meyers
- Donald C. Nebergall
- George W. Off
- Christopher D. O’Leary
- Mitchell H. Saranow
- Gary L. Sugarman
- Herbert S. Wander
On April 19, 2004, Telephone and Data Systems Inc. would restate financial results for fiscal 2002 and 2003 to reflect a reclassification of goodwill and licenses for its wireless operations. On December 22, 2004, TDS said it would restate cash flows for the nine months ended Sept. 30 to reflect a reclassification of cash flows from financing activities and operating activities. On November 10, 2005, Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. announced that it would restate its financial results for the first and second quarters of 2005, and for the years ended Dec. 31, 2000 - 2004, and for each of the quarters of 2004 and 2003. As a result, previously issued financial statements for these periods should not be relied on.
- "TDS Reports Fourth Quarter Results" (Press release). Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. 24 August 2012.
- TDS corporate history
- Telephone and Data Systems (TDS) Form DEF14A, Fiscal year 2011, "Executive Officers", p. 33
- Telephone and Data Systems (TDS) Form DEF14A, Fiscal year 2011, "Proposal 1 Election of Directors", p. 12
- "TDS to restate 2003 and 2002 financial results.".
- "Telephone and Data to reclassify cash flow.".
- "TDS Announces Restatement of Prior Period Results and Updates Guidance; Reschedules Third Quarter Operating Results Release Date to Nov. 28, 2005".