Televisão de Moçambique

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Televisão de Moçambique
Type Broadcast television network
Country Mozambique
Availability National
Founded 1981
Owner Government of Mozambique
Official website
www.tvm.co.mz

Televisão de Moçambique (TVM, lit. "Television of Mozambique") is the national public broadcaster of Mozambique. It is headquartered in Maputo, the country's capital.

The station was launched in 1981 as Experimental Television of Mozambique (Televisão Experimental de Moçambique) with experimental programming aired on Sundays only. Gradually its broadcasting weekdays increased and it adopted its current name Television of Mozambique in 1991. In 2001 the station started broadcasting via satellite, reaching the entire country.

The network receives 60 percent of its operational financing from the government and the remaining 40 percent from advertisers and other commercial sources.[1]

References[edit]

  1. ^ "Media Companies". Broadcast HIV Africa. Retrieved 2009-06-13. 

External links[edit]