|Directed by||Michael Cuesta|
|Produced by||Ridley Scott
|Written by||David Callaham|
|Based on||"The Tell-Tale Heart"
by Edgar Allan Poe
|Music by||David Buckley|
|Edited by||Kane Platt
|Distributed by||Genius Products|
|Running time||93 minutes|
Tell-Tale is a 2009 thriller film inspired by the Edgar Allan Poe short story "The Tell-Tale Heart". It is directed by Michael Cuesta and stars Josh Lucas, Lena Headey, and Brian Cox and is produced by Tony Scott and Ridley Scott. A man's recently transplanted heart leads him on a frantic search to find the donor's killer before a similar fate befalls him.
In Providence, a husband and his wife die in a botched robbery; we see flickers of his last memories. His heart goes to Terry Bernard, a single father raising a girl with a rare degenerative disease. After the operation, Terry has flashes of memory from the last moments of the dead donor's life. Then, he recognizes one of the donor's killers and follows him into an alley. Within days, Terry becomes an unwilling avenger, with a police detective on his trail. Meanwhile, he begins a romance with his daughter's doctor, his moods complicated by memory flashes, the donor's deepening presence in both Terry's mind and body, and the unexplained bond among the donor's killers. Can this end well?
- Josh Lucas as Terry
- Brian Cox as Det. Van Doran
- Lena Headey as Elizabeth
- Beatrice Miller as Angela
- Dallas Roberts as The Surgeon
- Ulrich Thomsen as Lethe
- Pablo Schreiber as Cochius
- Jamie Harrold as Stanovich
- Tom Riis Farrell as Legethon
- Julia Ryan as Museum Docent
- Michael K. Williams as Acherton
- Scott Winters as Dr. Averman
- John Timothy Botka as Police Officer
The film received a DVD and Blu-ray Disc release on 25 May 2010.
- Lionsgate opens for SOLOMON KANE, Genius takes TELL TALE
- New One-Sheet: Tell-Tale
- Diane Garrett (2007-11-07). "Josh Lucas to star in 'Tell-Tale'". Variety. Retrieved 2008-11-12.
- Dade Hayes (2008-09-05). "Equity players enter risky film sector". Variety. Retrieved 2008-11-12.
- Brian Cox and Josh Lucas Summon Poe For ‘Tell-Tale’ Re-Imagining
- Official One Sheet for 'Tell-Tale' Has Us Puzzled
- Tell Tale Blu-ray and DVD Art