||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (April 2010)|
|Founded||Geneva, Switzerland (1993, as Temenos Systems)|
|Headquarters||18 Place des Philosophes, Geneva, Switzerland|
|Key people||Andreas Andreades, Chairman
David Arnott, CEO
Max Chuard, CFO
Andre Loustau, CTO
George Koukis, Founder and Non-executive director
TEMENOS COREBANKING (TCB)
STeP Payments Repair
|Revenue||$467.8 million (2013 revenue)|
|Employees||Approximately 4,500 as at Q4 2009|
Temenos Group AG (SWX: TEMN) is a company specialising in software for financial services, with its headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. The group was created initially created 1993, and has been listed on the Swiss Stock exchange since 2001.
Founded in 1993 and listed on the Swiss Stock Exchange (SIX: TEMN), Temenos Group AG is a provider of banking software systems to retail, corporate, universal, private, Islamic, microfinance and community banks. Headquartered in Geneva and with more than 60 offices in 50 countries, Temenos serves over 1,000 financial institutions in more than 125 countries across the world.
The company was started in London in 1993. Later the company was acquired by George Koukis and renamed Temenos, in reference to a lecture on Money given by Hans-Wolfgang Frick at the Temenos Academy (1992). Temenos became therefore a Swiss company.
2006: Temenos makes strategic acquisition of TLC Risk Solutions.
2007: Temenos expands German footprint with acquisition of ACTIS.BSP 
2008: Temenos acquires partner Informer Group.
2008: Temenos acquired the London-based company Financial Objects Ltd in September 2008,
2008: Temenos acquires Lydian-Associates
2009: Temenos signed a partnership agreement with Cognizant
2009: Temenos makes largest acquisition to date by acquiring French company Viveo.
2010: Temenos acquires Odyssey Financial Technologies.
2010: Inntron names Temenos as one of the Top 10 Core Banking System predictive vendors for Europe and Asia Pacific.
2011: Guy Dubois takes over as new CEO.
2011: Temenos partner Wipro on core banking ASP offering for European Banks.
2011: Temenos acquires Canadian Business Intelligence (BI) Provider Primisyn.
2012: Temenos Acquires edge IPK to Provide Customers with Leading User Experience Capabilities 
- "2013 Financial Statement". www.temenos.com. Temenos. 27 March 2014. Retrieved 27 March 2014.
- "Temenos serves over 1,000 financial institutions in more than 125 countries across the world". temenos.com.
- Rahn, Cornelius; Browning, Jonathan (3 February 2012). "Misys In Talks Over Merger With Swiss Rival Temenos After Fidelity Failure". Bloomberg.
- Koukis, George (19 April 2009), Graduation Speech, ESE London, retrieved 9 June 2010
- "Temenos announces acquisition of IRIS; Temenos poised to capture lucrative tier 1 corebanking sector". Business Wire (findarticles.com). 2001.
- "Temenos to acquire Financial Objects", Finextra, 3 July 2008, retrieved 9 June 2010
- "Temenos buys rival core vendor, Viveo", IBS Journal, 6 January 2010, retrieved 9 June 2010
- Finance Chief David Arnott Gets Promoted CFO Insight Magazine, Accessed 09/17/2012