Temnozor (Russian: Темнозорь) is a Pagan metal band formed in 1996 in Obninsk, Russia. According to the band in statements on its website, it was formed to express the pride its members had of being Slavic. Temnozor started out as a raw black metal band with folk influences, but folk music has increasingly played a part in their music throughout their later albums. Their lyrics cover a vast array of themes centered around Slavic paganism, mythology, natural- and national romanticism.
They have played live several times over the years, most recently at the "White Thunder Roars Over Europe" tour in 2009 with Kroda.
In 2010, the band was to play in Roermond, Netherlands, on the Azijnfabriek stage, which sparked some controversy. The local mayor Van Beers asked the national intelligence agency (the AIVD) to research the case. The stage stated that they would not allow the band to play if they were judged by AIVD to be a risk. The AIVD researched the case, but the results did not surface to the public. However, local anti-fascist groups who considered the band to be part of the NSBM-scene urged Azijnfabriek to cancel the concert. On 4 January, the show was cancelled.
- 1996 Be Oden Narod Slavensk (Demo)
- 1998 Sorcery Is Strengthening the Black Glory of Rus'
- 2001 Fragments... (Demo)
- 2003 Sorcery of Fragments (Best Of compilation)
- 2003 Horizons...
- 2005 Folkstorm of the Azure Nights
- 2007 Eastern Hammer (Split with Graveland, Nokturnal Mortum and North)
- 2010 Урочища Снов (Haunted Dreamscapes)
- 2010 Twilights at the Winter Funeral (Live DVD + CD)
- Lyrics of Haunted Dreamscapes album translated to English: Temnozor's myspace
- NOS Nieuws (in Dutch): news article
- http://www.nu.nl (in Dutch): news article
- Azijnfabriek.nl (in Dutch): Venue announcement
- Temnozor official website, in English and Russian.
|This article on a heavy metal musician or group is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|