Template:In the news
- Sepp Blatter (pictured) resigns as president of FIFA in the wake of corruption indictments of FIFA officials.
- At least 18 people are confirmed dead and more than 400 missing after a Chinese cruise ship is struck by a cyclone and sinks in the Yangtze.
- Almost half of the world's saiga antelopes, a critically endangered species, die in May from suspected pasteurellosis.
- Scientists announce the discovery of an early hominin species, Australopithecus deyiremeda.
- Cable telecommunications company Charter agrees to buy Time Warner Cable in a deal worth US$55.1 billion.
- A heat wave in India kills more than two thousand people.
- In motorsport, Nico Rosberg wins the Monaco Grand Prix.
|In the news toolbox|
In the news mentions and links to entries of timely interest—that is, encyclopedia articles that have been updated to reflect an important current event—rather than conventional news items. To prevent vandalism on the Main Page, it is a permanently protected template. See Wikipedia:In the news for more details.
See an error? Please note it on Wikipedia:Main Page/Errors for administrator assistance. Thanks.
The template accepts one parameter: adding
|nocurrenteventslink=1 removes the link to Portal:Current events. This is used on the current events page to hide the link there.
In terms of Main Page balance, right now we're configured for widescreen monitors, which it appears most editors use. Non-widescreen users, please do not change the balance even if it looks off on your monitor.
Click here to purge the template's cache manually, if it does not appear to be updating on the Main Page after you edit it.
|The above documentation is transcluded from Template:In the news/doc. (edit | history)
Editors can experiment in this template's sandbox (edit | diff) and testcases (edit) pages.
Please add categories to the /doc subpage. Subpages of this template.