Template:In the news
- Abdelaziz Bouteflika (pictured) is re-elected President of Algeria.
- Sixteen Nepalese guides are killed in an avalanche on Mount Everest.
- Adult human DNA is cloned for the first time within an unfertilized egg.
- Colombian writer Gabriel García Márquez, recipient of the 1982 Nobel Prize in Literature, dies at the age of 87.
- NASA announces the discovery of Kepler-186f, the first known Earth-sized exoplanet orbiting in its star's habitable zone.
|In the news toolbox|
new item should be added to Template:In the news by Sunday, 20 April 2014 05:34 (UTC).
This template will turn yellow if not reset by that time and red twelve hours after.
Current time: 19:26, April 20, 2014 (UTC) ( )Last updated: 25 hours ago. (verify · reset · purge)
In the news mentions and links to entries of timely interest—that is, encyclopedia articles that have been updated to reflect an important current event—rather than conventional news items. To prevent vandalism on the Main Page, it is a permanently protected template. See Wikipedia:In the news for more details.
See an error? Please note it on Wikipedia:Main Page/Errors for administrator assistance. Thanks.
The template accepts one parameter: adding
|nocurrenteventslink=1 removes the link to Portal:Current events. This is used on the current events page to hide the link there.
In terms of Main Page balance, right now we're configured for widescreen monitors, which it appears most editors use. Non-widescreen users, please do not change the balance even if it looks off on your monitor.
Click here to purge the template's cache manually, if it does not appear to be updating on the Main Page after you edit it.
|The above documentation is transcluded from Template:In the news/doc. (edit | history)
Editors can experiment in this template's sandbox (edit | diff) and testcases (edit) pages.
Please add categories to the /doc subpage. Subpages of this template.