Template:In the news
- The maiden flight of the Russian Angara rocket concludes successfully.
- Miroslav Klose (pictured) of Germany becomes the top goalscorer in FIFA World Cup history during a semi-final match against host Brazil.
- Israel launches an offensive on Gaza amidst rising tensions following the killing of Israeli teenagers in June.
- The prehistoric Pelagornis sandersi is identified as the largest flying bird yet discovered.
- Twenty-nine people are killed in two attacks in Lamu, Kenya.
- In tennis, the Wimbledon Championships conclude with Novak Djokovic winning the men's singles and Petra Kvitová winning the women's singles.
- Ukrainian armed forces take control of Sloviansk and Kramatorsk.
|In the news toolbox|
In the news mentions and links to entries of timely interest—that is, encyclopedia articles that have been updated to reflect an important current event—rather than conventional news items. To prevent vandalism on the Main Page, it is a permanently protected template. See Wikipedia:In the news for more details.
See an error? Please note it on Wikipedia:Main Page/Errors for administrator assistance. Thanks.
The template accepts one parameter: adding
|nocurrenteventslink=1 removes the link to Portal:Current events. This is used on the current events page to hide the link there.
In terms of Main Page balance, right now we're configured for widescreen monitors, which it appears most editors use. Non-widescreen users, please do not change the balance even if it looks off on your monitor.
Click here to purge the template's cache manually, if it does not appear to be updating on the Main Page after you edit it.
|The above documentation is transcluded from Template:In the news/doc. (edit | history)
Editors can experiment in this template's sandbox (edit | diff) and testcases (edit) pages.
Please add categories to the /doc subpage. Subpages of this template.