Template:Should be PNG
Please reproduce and upload a PNG version of this image. After doing so, replace all instances of this version (noted under the "File links" header), tag this version with
Please do not convert JPEG images directly to PNG! This will not improve its quality.
This template should be insert on raster images which are in wrong image formats and therefore have lost quality. For instance:
- Cartoon or screenshots of computer software in JPEG format that are plagued with compression artifact
- Images in GIF format that have lost their color depth
- Items like logo and computer icons which have completely or partially lost their transparency and/or have a solid border
This template should not be used for:
- Images for which only a JPEG source is available and will not become significantly smaller as a result of a conversion
- Animated GIF images
- Vector images (SVG should be used in this case)
- Size reduction, which is possible through a direct conversion
This template automatically adds images to Category:Images which should be in PNG format.
|The above documentation is transcluded from Template:Should be PNG/doc. (edit | history)
Editors can experiment in this template's sandbox (create | mirror) and testcases (create) pages.
Please add categories to the /doc subpage. Subpages of this template.