Template talk:About Wikipedia
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It looks like the time in the template (for "correct as of") is in UTC (at least it is not my configured setting). Should the text mention the timezone? -- Paul Ebermann (talk) 14:12, 16 June 2010 (UTC)
- Yes, I agree that it should.--Kotniski (talk) 14:15, 16 June 2010 (UTC)
- I added (UTC) on the template. hidividedby5 (talk) 21:44, 2 July 2010 (UTC)
- 5.5 million in June 2012, according to http://stats.wikimedia.org/EN/TablesWikipediaEN.htm (found via a quick search and Wikipedia:Reference desk/Archives/Miscellaneous/2010 December 18) but that includes redirects in all namespaces, not just mainspace. -- Quiddity (talk) 21:52, 22 July 2012 (UTC)
Contents type total
- Categories - ? (lots! I can't find an estimate)
- Lists - ~6096 (per Wikipedia:WikiProject Lists#Assessment with non-articles subtracted)
- Portals - 1111 (per Wikipedia:Portal/Directory)
- Topical Indexes - ~420 (I roughly counted category totals)
- Outlines - ~670 (roughly counted category totals)
- Glossaries - ~210 (roughly counted category totals)
- Timelines - Definitions are fuzzy. Do you want just the articles which are full Category:Graphical timelines, or, do you want articles which contain chronological lists of information (completely, or in part)? Ie, every year article (eg 1952 or even 1952 in comics) could be considered a "timeline". Counting the category contents, very roughly, I estimate a minimum (using conservative definition of "timeline", not including "year" and "x-in-year" articles) of around 800 or so? Maximum in the tens of thousands.
- Thanks for manually counting them, I wasn't expecting that! I was wondering whether there was an automatic wiki tool of statistics, if there isn't, there should be and it could update the Template Count automatically too.
- Do you think that there should be another template including Contents Type total or do you think this information should be part of this About Wikipedia template?
- Re Timelines: Even with that criteria, the boundaries are very fuzzy - Do we include articles that have embedded chronological lists, eg Extinction event or Lieutenant Governor of the Isle of Man#List of Lieutenant Governors? (slightly rhetorical)
- I don't think the total number of portals/outlines/glossaries/timelines/lists/categories/etc need to be given on Wikipedia:About (The only non-userpage that this template appears in). Partially because the numbers are too unreliable, and partially because the boundaries are fuzzy, and partially because some editors dispute the placement of (glossaries/indexes/outlines) in mainspace (believing them to be unsuitable for wikipedia, and belonging in wiktionary or projectspace only). Complicated, but so it goes. HTH. -- Quiddity (talk) 00:39, 24 July 2012 (UTC)
ayris123456789 akoiswsoiws ws
|This edit request has been answered. Set the
- Not done: as you have not requested a change.
If you want to suggest a change, please request this in the form "Please replace XXX with YYY" or "Please add ZZZ between PPP and QQQ".
Please also cite reliable sources to back up your request, without which no information should be added to any article. - Arjayay (talk) 17:59, 29 January 2014 (UTC)