I would propose a slightly different template:
--Dave the Rave (DTR) 21:37, 27 January 2006 (UTC)
- I don't think we can use the BBC logo in this case: we can argue fair use on the BBC page, but not in this template. Joe D (t) 01:47, 28 January 2006 (UTC)
Improper Logo Usage
I've looked at the terms and conditions of using the BBC Logo and I see that this template violates at a minimum these rules:
- "The BBC logo must always be reproduced from master artwork and never from a second generation copy. It should never be recreated."
- "Do not attempt to reproduce the logo using computer systems."
We have to respect the company guidelines. --ÆAUSSIEevilÆ 15:34, 3 June 2008 (UTC)
- Correct, the fake text-logo was probably worse in that respect than the image. But I think it's better not to have a logo at all in this case. Shinobu (talk) 09:52, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
- Also, actually there's no copyright issue here since it's just text and therefore fair use isn't relevant. This is a trademark issue and thus the main concerns are probably whether the logo refers to the BBC, and whether no improper endorsement, defamation, etc. is expressed. I think the image might actually have been okay, but the fake logo was right out. Shinobu (talk) 09:58, 9 June 2008 (UTC)