Template talk:Fort Lauderdale Strikers
|WikiProject Football||(Rated Template-class)|
A number of points I think you should be considered about the navbox
- 1. The purpose of Navboxes is to guide people to related articles, there is therefore no point in having sections that do not link to articles (such as the culture section and asst coaches). You seem to be treating the navobox like an infobox, which it is not.
- 2. In addition, there is no need to link to the clubs website, nor provide historical information such as establishment dates.
- 3. Furthermore, one should also not link to articles that are not actually what is suggested in the navbox, e.g. New York Cosmos - this suggests there is an article on the Strikers/Cosmos rivalry, when in fact non exists. The same applies to the Ponce de Leon Cup.
- 4. There is no need to list out all the honours the club has won either as the links are to general season articles, not to articles specifically about the Strikers, plus, the links are then duplicated in the season section.
- 5. The addition of season articles makes the navbox extremely cumbersome, it is usual style to have the season navbox as a separate template as per Template:Arsenal F.C. seasons.
- 6. There should not have a section for important players. This is purely OR. It is your subjective opinion that they are key players, a link to the player category would be much more appropriate.
I would suggest that you have a look at a template such as this: Template:Arsenal F.C., this navbox is much more concise than the Strikers one and links only to live individual articles. I think some serious changes need to be made to this navbox as it is currently far too cumbersome and not as useful an aid to navigation as it could be. Fenix down (talk) 10:23, 25 October 2013 (UTC)
- @NYCWikiKid:, your input would be welcome here. GiantSnowman 11:21, 28 October 2013 (UTC)
- @NYCWikiKid: - any chance you could enter into some discussion here as you are asked as there are some concerns over this template which need to be talked about. Fenix down (talk) 21:13, 2 November 2013 (UTC)
@NYCWikiKid:, Any chance you could enter into discussions about the content of this template as you had been repeatedly asked. You are reverting edits by other users and requesting they then come here to resolve them but refuse to discuss issues raised here about your own edits. You have already been blocked for edit warring once and there have been numerous discussions elsewhere about the format templates and categories you have been editing have been taking. Might be a good idea to start a dialogue with other editors? Fenix down (talk) 08:44, 16 November 2013 (UTC)
Hi Fenix Downs. Let's make sure that we speak to each other on the right side of things. If you would like to discuss this particular template, we certainly can and I will always do so in an encouraging and productive way. However, for future purposes, don't bring up an issue that is not about yourself and then use it to try to make a point. I am not a user who likes "edit warring" or wants to be involved it any sort as I find it plainly useless, mostly done by individuals who would rather see their false statements placed instead of listening to others that provide actual evidence. There is a long back story to what happened to me which I won't get into here. So, bottom line, if you want to talk, we can, but don't bring up things that really have nothing to do with you. I say this in a polite way. Now, regarding this template, I think the main issue you are looking at is the "club history" section, right? Everything else is also in order in terms of facilities all the way to seasons. Regarding the history, all these individual versions of the club are part of its history from the Britannica to the present day Strikers. If you have a suggestion which keeps this entire information together, but it is arranged in a variant way more to your taste, you can certainly bring them here. Fenix, let me know what you think you would like to see and we can work together towards adjusting the overall presentation. I have no issues with improving this template or any article. I am here to work towards progress. Cheers NYCWikiKid (talk) 14:02, 16 November 2013 (UTC)