Template talk:History of Austria
|WikiProject Austria||(Rated Template-class)|
|WikiProject History||(Rated Template-class)|
Colony outside Europe
Did the Austrian-Hungary Empire have any colony outside continental Europe ? David Lazarus - email@example.com
- Hm, this is normally not a forum for discussions .... anyway:
- The answer is No, in contrast to the German Empire the Austrian Empire and Austria-Hungary never practiced Imperialism like the Germans (e.g. in Africa).
- The Austrians had enough to do with keeping together so many nations, languages, religions, etc. in ONE empire that enfold central, east- and south-Europe.
- But they financed expeditions, e.g. the Austro-Hungarian North Pole Expedition which discovered Franz Josef Land. And emperor Franz Joseph I of Austria had a brother Maximilian I of Mexico which became Emperor of Mexico and was assasinated there. -- Rfortner 13:10, 25 August 2007 (UTC)
Omit World Wars
- Sorry, but I dont understand your argument, and in the second case ("German Austria") you are completely wrong, as this transitory state only existed between 1918 and 1919, afterwards it was the Republic of Austria. Also both world-wars are an important part of Austrian history (as they were for many other countries), so I don't understand your posting! -- Rfortner (talk) 17:20, 25 November 2007 (UTC)
"Austria-Hungary" article already talks about Austria in WWI. And Austria was part of Nazi Germany during the entire WWII period, which means it didn't fight the war. So we should take out 2 world wars. 22.214.171.124 (talk) 02:40, 2 January 2008 (UTC)
Retrofit topic year headers/subpages
09-Dec-2008: I have added subheaders above as "Topics from 2007" (etc.) to emphasize the dates of topics in the talk-page. Older topics might still apply, but using the year headers helps to focus on more current issues as well. Afterward, I added titles to the untitled topics "Colony outside Europe" & "Omit World Wars".
Then I added "Talk-page subpages" beside the TOC. -Wikid77 (talk) 00:58, 9 December 2008 (UTC)
New parameters boxclass, boxwidth, marginleft, marginright
09-Dec-2008: To allow the infobox "Template:History_of_Austria" to be aligned and stacked on to the related infobox "Template:History_of_Hungary", then traits of the infobox must be changed by passing parameters. New parameters are:
- boxclass=infobox - the CSS class of table (default: infobox)
- boxwidth=220px - the width of the box table (default: 205px)
- marginleft=0.1em - the width of the margin outside the left edge of the box (default: 1.0em).
- marginright=0.1em - the width of the margin outside the right edge of the box (default: 1.0em).
Other parameters might be needed for further use of the infobox in more articles. The above parameters can be used when stacking along with other infoboxes. -Wikid77 (talk) 00:58, 9 December 2008 (UTC)
09-Dec-2008: To narrow the infobox, as a slim sidebar navbox, I wikilinked phrase "Austria at the Time of National Socialism" as the shorter phrase "Austria during National Socialism". The shorter link allowed narrowing the box 10% as 205px (from 225px). The box could be narrowed more, but matches "Template:History of Croatia" at 205px. -Wikid77 (talk) 15:12, 9 December 2008 (UTC)