Template talk:Horse racing in Great Britain
|WikiProject Horse racing||(Rated NA-class)|
The former venues section has, up to now, only included courses recently closed or currently suspended. Bogside Racecourse, closed in the 1960s, has now been added and for consistency the template needs to go one of two ways;
(1) Remove Bogside and keep it as it was with only recently closed courses - but this leads to a further discussion about how long the "former" courses stay on the template
(2) Add all former venues to the template, e.g. Hurst Park, Manchester etc. Seems more inclusive but could make the template a bit unwieldy.
- Open minded about it. It was actually me that added Bogside. Just presumed the others were missing because no-one had added them! Agree adding them all could make it unwieldy. I'm happy either way really. As it happens, just doing an article on Stockbridge Racecourse, so won't add it to this template until there's a consensus. Peaky76 (talk) 12:48, 17 April 2013 (UTC)
- Thinking about it, perhaps the criteria should be if the physical racecourse is still there in useable form (like Hereford, Folks, GL) it should go on the list, if it's not (Bogside, Stockbridge) it shouldn't. Then we've got a criteria for how long we keep the 'former' courses. If and when they demolish Folkestone for housing we can remove it. Might then be worth changing 'former' to 'closed' to differentiate. Peaky76 (talk) 13:01, 17 April 2013 (UTC)
- That's a good criteria I think. Can't bring to mind many which are stil around in usable form apart from the three mentioned. Lincoln's grandstand is still standing but the course itself wouldn't be usable. Sadly I suspect that the years to come might see further additions to 2012's closures.