Template talk:Kosovo municipalities
I think the version below would be more neutral… and less pro-Serb POV 
Merger proposal 
There is a Template:Municipalities of the Republic of Kosovo which does pretty much the same as this one, but from a different point of view. There are 30 municipalities in Kosovo, none of them is transcluding this template. They are all transcluding the other one. This template is transcluded only from Template:Municipalities of Serbia, which in turn is transcluded into all municipalities in Central Serbia and Vojvodina.
While I do see the difference between them, having two templates for essentially the same thing is not a good thing for two reasons:
- It causes contrary points of view to be presented in Kosovo articles on the one hand and Central Serbia and Vojvodina articles on the other hand.
- It is blocking correct resolution of interwiki links. The English Wikipedia is the only one having two templates, all the others have just one. Linking from two English templates to the same template in other languages does not work because then there would have to be links to two English templates in the other projects, which does not work at all.
I think that both templates should be merged in a way that can be presented in an acceptable manner in articles about all municipalities, but maybe I'm overlooking something. In case the templates cannot be merged, a clear decision needs to be made which one of both corresponds to the following templates in other projects:
- bs:Šablon:Općine na Kosovu
- de:Vorlage:Navigationsleiste Großgemeinden im Kosovo
- fr:Modèle:Municipalités du Kosovo
- hr:Predložak:Općine na Kosovu i Metohiji
- it:Template:Municipalità del Kosovo
- pt:Predefinição:Municipíos da República do Kosovo
- sh:Template:Opštine Kosova
Why and How? 
Pro-Serb POV, again 
As we can see, the templates of the Republic of Kosovo municipalities and of the Kosovo municipalities were merged into one with only Serbian names.
This is AN ABSURD! We know more than 90% of Kosovars are Albanian-speakers, and they use Albanian names to describe their cities; in the name of NPOV, we could at least put the formula "Albanian name/Serbian name" which is common here in Wikipedia to describe bilingual cities in Switzerland and Italy.
To put ONLY SERBIAN names in the cities (including the highly-offensive Đeneral Janković, a Serbian general who committed a lot of atrocities against Kosovar Albanians during the Balkan Wars — something like to rename Srebrenica as “Đeneral Mladić”) is a way to say “yes” to the Serb nationalist POV that “Kosovo is Serbia”.--220.127.116.11 (talk) 14:26, 12 August 2012 (UTC)