Is there any particular reason why this stub category should be limited to OS X? -Aranel ("Sarah") 04:13, 2 Feb 2005 (UTC)
We need a stub to handle all the computer material that involves Apple computers and Macs. There are currently only 10 entries in mac OS X-stub. I propose the name should be changed to cover all Apple/Mac material. (How do we do that?) RJFJR 02:08, Feb 10, 2005 (UTC)
The reason I limited it to only Mac OS X was due to the other stubs for Windows and Linux, both operating systems, and I wanted to keep the congruency. That being said, I suppose it's possible to create a stub template for Apple-related articles that do not necessarily involve Mac OS X, such as stuff related to iPods, iTunes, company history, past products, et cetera. Aequo 06:17, 10 Feb 2005 (UTC)
- Note that the Windows category does not specify which version of Windows. But yes, I think it would actually be more useful to expand this template to contain what you have described. (There shouldn't be any need to create a new template. Just change the usage of this one; it would also be appropriate to change the category.) -Aranel ("Sarah") 16:28, 10 Feb 2005 (UTC)
Further to this, there appears to be an incongruence between the naming used in the stub. The template name states "mac-stub", implying all things Macintosh. Whereas the template text states "This Mac OS X article is ..." implying that the stub is only to be used for Mac OS X related articles. If I want to apply the stub template to an article regarding OS 7 (for example) it's not quite clear whether or not the stub template is appropriate. I propose changing the text to state "This Apple Macintosh related article ..." (or at least something similar). --TheParanoidOne 22:32, 25 May 2005 (UTC)
Fine by me. Aequo 04:11, 31 May 2005 (UTC)
- Done. I left the OS X in there. Let's see how that sits ... --TheParanoidOne 05:10, 31 May 2005 (UTC)
I was wondering if we should use the Finder icon/Mac OS logo in stead of the Tiger box?
- That sounds reasonable. Seeing as the text has been changed from OSX to generic Mac, I guess the image should be, as well. --TheParanoidOne 09:09, 19 September 2005 (UTC)
- Ok, I read the cited policy and see your point. Now all we have to do is think of an alternative. Any suggestions? Dread Lord CyberSkull ✎☠ 00:04, 24 October 2005 (UTC)
- Crystal collection in the commons. I stumbled across it 5 min ago, and have made the change. Dread Lord CyberSkull ✎☠ 08:39, 14 November 2005 (UTC)
We Need more templates like this...
I see that this is a great templates, but Apple articles do not only pertain to the Mac, so could we please get some iPhone, iPad and iPod templates also... espically for stubs... Thank you The Wikimon (talk) 08:08, 8 April 2013 (UTC)