Template talk:Mongolic ethnic groups
|This template is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Mongolic or Turkic?
There are some Turkic (and Tungusic) tribes listed here as Mongol tribes. This is misleading. Are you sure they belong in this list? —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 21:36, 28 February 2010 (UTC)
Are they yastan?
The subdivisions of Hazara, Aimek and Mughal: Are those subdivisions yastan or clans or tribes? Is their a difference between the terms "yastan" and "tribe"? Gantuya eng (talk) 11:51, 17 December 2007 (UTC)
- For Moghul, it is clan and for the other 2 it is tribe. I nonincluded them in display, since I got no sufficient information. There's no difference between "yastan" and "tribe". But according to classification by B.Renchin on Mongolia's yastan, he, i guess, didn't rely on the Northern Yuan tribes or tümen, by including Kazakh and Tsaatan. Dagvadorj (talk) 15:09, 17 December 2007 (UTC)
Not really Mongols
There are several more groups on this template that aren't really Mongols. Some of them are not a Mongol people and others don't even speak a Mongol language. Rather than put dispute or dubious or citation needed tags on them, which would appear in every page, I'll just delete them and post them here. These are:
- Altay - Turkic people, Turkic language, mostly live in Russia
- Ewenkis (Evenks) - Tungusic people, Tungusic language, almost all in either Russia or China, and are a Tungusic people in these areas
- Dukha - speak a Turkic language, not specified if they are Mongol, but they are raising reindeer in the taiga, a few live in Mongolia
Some of these groups can be found in Mongolia, but that wouldn't make their ethnic group a Mongol ethnic group any more than, say, 100 French people living in Mongolia would mean French people are a Mongol people. If you intended this template to mean something else, please rename it. Thanks. Ufwuct (talk) 23:46, 15 November 2009 (UTC)
- As for the French, they would not be included because they are not indigenous to Mongolia proper, duh! Dagvadorj (talk) 11:28, 25 May 2011 (UTC)
Links to some ethnic groups are removed
Seems like links to the articles about the Daurs and Bonans and maybe some other stuff has been removed. Would the user who removed it, please provide us about the causes? Otherwise, the links will be re-added. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Dagvadorj (talk • contribs) 14:06, 23 May 2011 (UTC)