||Before making any changes to this template, please discuss it with WP:WikiProject Astronomy first, at Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Astronomy
I recommend replacing the current thumbnail with
|Refractor Cincinnati observatory.jpg
It scales very well and, as a monochromatic illustration, is quite clear.
--Gyrobo (talk) 20:02, 7 May 2010 (UTC)
|Goldstone DSN antenna.jpg
||Image in use since 2006
|P200 Dome Open.jpg
- Not all observatories are refractors, and your image is much too large at 40px; It just doesn't play nice with other stub templates. See all the whitespace it creates:
- Whereas the old picture stacked nicely, so that multiple stub templates can be placed on a page without being very ungainly.
- The new image "P200 Dome Open.jpg" works at 40px and 30px
- Your image needs to be at most 15px, where it is too small to be useful.
- and it already looks like a military cannon, even more so when reasonably sized to play nicely when multiple stub templates appear on an article. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 10:02, 15 May 2010 (UTC)
This is being discussed at WT:AST#stub templates. I suggest this discussion continue there. 188.8.131.52 (talk) 10:02, 15 May 2010 (UTC)