Template talk:Russia squad UEFA Euro 1996
|WikiProject Russia / Sports & games||(Rated Template-class)|
|WikiProject Football||(Rated Template-class)|
Changed the colors
I changed the background of the template from white-blue to white-red.
- New Russian uniform is red. Here is how it looks
- FIFA recognised Russia as succesor of USSR so there should be similarity in colors.
- Despite FIFA decision that Russia is the succesor of the USSR I decided to make the red in the Russian templates lighter then in the USSR, instead of making them similar.
- Russian colors are red-blue-white.
Undid your change
- The new Russian uniform can be red. But traditionally, they wear white, being the blue the second color. Red, also traditionally, was used basically as away kit (and only when blue was not). It became the first kit just in the new kit by Adidas Here is how it looks
- Yeah, FIFA recognised Russia as sucessor of USSR. But it isn't the best reason to make this change: Serbia is also the sucessor, by FIFA, of Serbia and Montenegro and SFR and FR Yugoslavias. But these extincted countries wore blue, while Serbia wears red. Do you think it will be correct to change S&M and YUG templates do red just because of Serbia uniform? Zaire wore green. The nowadays Congo DR wears blue. So, shall we change Zaire template of 1974 FIFA World Cup to blue? I think we couldn't.
- Russian colors are white-blue-red by the most common perception (from top to down). Red-blue-white, by this same vision, is the order of colors of Serbia. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Caio Brandão Costa (talk • contribs) 19:26, 28 February 2009 (UTC)
Russia wore blue-white one, yes, but now they wear red. If you want you can make the template with both blue and red I don't mind. Your answer: "so next time go ahead and change Yugoslavia and S&M templates do red due to Serbia kit. Don't forget to change Zaire to blue because of Congo DR also" Is actualy in my defence because what you actualy do is insisting on keeping S&M red even thought they thanged. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 10:11, 30 March 2009 (UTC)
- Your answer: "so next time go ahead and change Yugoslavia and S&M templates do red due to Serbia kit. Don't forget to change Zaire to blue because of Congo DR also" Is actualy in my defence because what you actualy do is insisting on keeping S&M red even thought they thanged.
- What some people seem not to have is the ability of irony and sarcasm.... --Caio Brandão Costa (talk) 16:08, 30 March 2009 (UTC)
And Brazil's historical colour is blue (go watch the 1919-1953 World Cup), and...? Now Russia's offical color is red (which is returning to the USSR historical colour). —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 20:04, 30 March 2009 (UTC)
- HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Brazil historical color is YELLOW a long time. It wasn't in the first years that the color adopted (since 1952), of course. But nowadays, after more than 50 years wearing it, yellow had already became it. With yellow, Brazil became the greatest national football team of the world, winning 5 World Cups. Before yellow, Brazil kits used to be WHITE. With white, Brazil played the 1930-1950 World Cups. --Caio Brandão Costa (talk) 21:56, 30 March 2009 (UTC)