Template talk:Scientology versus the Internet/Archive 1
|This is an archive of past discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the current talk page.|
Created the template
Created this navigation box, to more tightly tie together a series based around the main article, Scientology and the Internet. Based on an idea I had at Template talk:ScientologySeries, because Template:ScientologySeries was causing too much strife on both sides about how to format it, and what to include, and even what to include where. Cirt 22:50, 24 October 2007 (UTC).
I chose the image, Image:ClamBake.gif, because its unique licensing permission allows us to use it anywhere on Wikipedia, including templates. I am not aware of any other image that has this permission released in this manner for use on templates, that is both relevant to the Internet, Scientology, and Scientology and the Internet. But if you can think of one, please, suggest it here for consideration. Cirt 22:51, 24 October 2007 (UTC).
- I would strongly encourage you to either use a different image or not use an image at all. Clambake's image is more or less automatically POV in nature. --GoodDamon 23:26, 24 October 2007 (UTC)
- Good point, I will use a different image. Cirt 23:34, 24 October 2007 (UTC).
- What about this new image? At such a low resolution, it just looks like a random Google search anyway. Cirt 23:35, 24 October 2007 (UTC).
- Much better. The ideal picture would be a neutral-POV image incorporating both Scientology and the internet in some manner, but I can't think of how or what that picture might be of. --GoodDamon 13:02, 25 October 2007 (UTC)
- I agree, because also to be an image acceptable for a template it could not simply be "fair use," so we have the 2 ad-hoc requirements. This image will do fine until we find one that fits what you described. Cirt 16:49, 25 October 2007 (UTC).