From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Done. —Ruud 13:25, 1 August 2006 (UTC)
- Your mass delinking has caused controversy in the past. Is there a consensus for delinking words in stub templates? — Martin (MSGJ · talk) 22:35, 29 January 2011 (UTC)
- My suggestion is in line with the MoS - see WP:OVERLINK
- I proposed this type of unlinking at WT:STUB#Valueless links in stub templates months ago and it received no objections
- Another user subsequently raised the isssue at WP:WSS#Delinking_of_templates and the only 'controversy' was a complaint about a simple error I had made in one isolated case.
- Back in October last year I delinked the word 'song' from more than a dozen stub templates (children of this one); there have been no objections and no reversions of these changes. Colonies Chris (talk) 00:44, 30 January 2011 (UTC)
- It may be that no one is objecting, but whenever this has been discussed there have been editors who have expressed opposition to what you are doing. I've posted at Wikipedia_talk:WikiProject_Stub_sorting#Delinking_of_templates to try to determine whether these edits are considered worthwhile. — Martin (MSGJ · talk) 12:28, 31 January 2011 (UTC)