Template talk:Taylor Swift songs
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Taylor Swift songs template.|
If This Was a Movie and Superman are promo singles! STOP REMOVING THEM!
- iTunes - Music - Superman - Single by Taylor Swift
- Amazon.com: Superman: Taylor Swift: MP3 Downloads
- If This Was a Movie iTunes - Music - If This Was a Movie - Single by Taylor Swift
- Amazon.com: If This Was A Movie: Taylor Swift: MP3 Downloads
- Note The amazon.com links show the track listing as 1. Superman and 1. If This Was a Movie making them singles!
- A navbox is not intended to represent an artist's full discography. That's what Taylor Swift discography is for. A navbox is intended to navigate between articles of a common topic. There are no articles for If This Was a Movie and Superman (Taylor Swift song) (only redirects) and they should not be listed in this navigation box as they are only piped to an already linked article in the template. Per WP:NAV, navigation templates provide navigation within Wikipedia and repeating links to the same article within a template should be avoided. --StarcheerspeaksnewslostwarsTalk to me 20:13, 9 September 2012 (UTC)
Soundtrack singles seems to sound official so why are promo singles being placed as official singles instead of promo? — Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 06:56, 8 April 2012 (UTC)
Confused about the title
I've observed the navbox for Taylor Swift's singles and other songs flip back and forth between "Taylor Swift singles" (yellow) and "Taylor Swift songs" (blue, as it is currently) a few times now, and I'm trying to understand the rationale behind its current configuration. As far as I can tell, it is laid out as a singles navbox, with only songs officially promoted as singles listed beside the associated albums, and all other promotional singles, soundtrack singles, etc. listed in "other songs". So why is it called "songs"? From what I've seen of other "songs" navboxes (such as Rihanna's), all songs from any given album which have warranted their own article are listed along with the album; following this logic, "State of Grace", for example, should go in the Red category rather than "other songs". Either way, if it remains "Taylor Swift songs" rather than "...singles", should the other songs from Red with their own page (i.e. "I Almost Do") not also be in the "other songs" category, as they once were? Or if we're trying to stick to singles and more significant songs to avoid cluttering the box, why not just go ahead and call it "Taylor Swift singles"?