Template talk:University of Wisconsin–Madison
|WikiProject Universities||(Rated Template-class)|
|WikiProject Wisconsin||(Rated Template-class)|
Proposing a Re-organization
The template is incrediblely miss-organized and I am proposing we work toward fixing it. Just for reference I took a straw poll of all the University templates in the Big Ten. Here are the results:
- Colleges & Schools(2)
- Media & Publications(4)
- Points of Interest(1)
- Student Life(9)
Now clearly the UW template should be based on its article base, but it may be helpful to see what other University articles have considered relevant. Now taking all of that under consideration here how I think we should re-organize:
Arboretum · Bascom Hill · Chazen Museum of Art · Dairy Barn · Geology Museum · Lake Mendota · Lakeshore Nature Preserve · Memorial Union · North Hall · Red Gym · Science Hall · State Street · Washburn Observatory
- Colleges & Schools
Agriculture & Life Science · Business · Continuing Studies · Education · Engineering · Gaylord Nelson Institute for Environmental Studies · Graduate School · Human Ecology · International Studies · Journalism and Mass Communication · Law · Letters & Science · Library & Information Studies · Medicine & Public Health · Music · Nursing · Pharmacy · Robert M. La Follette School of Public Affairs · Social Work · Veterinary Medicine
- Media & Publications
Barry Alvarez · Alan Ameche · Bret Bielema · Mike Eaves · Michael Leckrone · Mark Johnson · Carolyn Martin · Past Chancellors · Bo Ryan · Donna Shalala · Lisa Stone · Charles R. Van Hise · John D. Wiley · Past Chancellors
- Student Life
- Yet to be decided (or I don't know where to put them)
A few other things to think about:
- Is the layout I presented 'right'? If not, what do you think it should be?
- Are there any additional articles that have yet to be written besides the ones red linked here?
- Are there any articles (red linked or otherwise) that should not be included?
- Would breaking out sub-sections be appropriate. If so, where and what sections?
- This template should be used a guide for writing future articles in the sense that we should look for holes in the template sections and fill them in.
It might just be me but I find the background color on this template VERY obnoxious and distracting from the rest of a Wikipedia article. I'll let you decide. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 10:44, 13 April 2009 (UTC)
- OK, I undid your edit because it removed the entire parameter instead of just changing the default. I know that parameter is used on a few pages, so it should be there. I did change the default to auto on a subsequent edit, however, and updated the documentation as well. Daniel Simanek (talk • contribs) 21:48, 21 September 2011 (UTC)