Template talk:Veronica Mars
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Veronica Mars template.|
|WikiProject Television||(Rated Template-class)|
Please do not change the current colous, aestheticly they are nice and the current colours have been blended from previous edits to form the current one. I believe they are easy on everyone an not to bright or dark. Matthew Fenton (contribs) 17:31, 26 July 2006 (UTC)
Why shouldn't it be changed? You have gone and removed everyone else's edits until you picked something you thought was "aesthetically nice". Just because you believe they aren't too bright or too dark or too anything doesn't mean you are personalizing this for what you think is best. This isn't your personal wiki.
Now I really don't mean to be rude, and it may come off like that, but it just bugs me that you tell other people not to change it when you've gone and changed everything everyone else has done.
Actually, I don't think the green is aesthetically pleasing at all. It's very "blah" and just different shades of green aren't very interesting. At least the Neptune Pirates colors, even if the yellow was bright, were interesting and tied into the show. Cruel Irony 21:31, 26 July 2006 (UTC)
- The colours chosen were chosen because they generally are aestheticly pleasing to most human eyes. Matthew Fenton (contribs) 07:39, 27 July 2006 (UTC)
- I'm inclined to agree with Cruel Irony. I prefer not to get into an edit war over this issue, even if I still see room for improvement. When I made the initial push to change colors, I didn't take offense when someone else disagreed. After all, the edit page always reminds us, "If you don't want your writing to be edited mercilessly or redistributed by others, do not submit it."
- But, I would suggest that some yellow (perhaps a more pale yellow) should still be a part of this template design. True, all the elements of the template design should work in harmony, but that doesn't necessarily mean it has to be monochromatic. In fact, some visual contrast (though not TOO much) makes many things more readable, such as newspaper and advertising layouts.
- Also, though I feel it probably wasn't intended as such, the statement that the current colors "generally are aestheticly pleasing to most human eyes" seems to be a bit of a broad generalization and slightly condescending. But since tone can be interpreted differently from person to person, perhaps it's just something to chalk up to Flaubert's search for the right thing to say — le mot juste, as he put it. — ArkansasTraveler 14:36, 27 July 2006 (UTC)
- Yellow should be added as long as its a pleasent shade and fits in with the rest of the template. Matthew Fenton (contribs) 15:14, 27 July 2006 (UTC)
- Much Better! Very ncie now. Matthew Fenton (contribs) 17:44, 27 July 2006 (UTC)
I agree, very nice now. Cruel Irony 18:15, 27 July 2006 (UTC)
Don Lamb moved to Former Main Characters
Moving Don Lamb's name from Current Main Characters to Former could be considered a spoiler. Also, it's not yet clear whether or not his death is going to form a major story arc and thus whether or not he could still be considered "major" despite being dead. Primarily for the reason of potential spoilers, I think he should be left in the Current Main Characters section.--Benw01 17:58, 24 February 2007 (UTC)
"Current" and "Former" main characters
I'm going to merge these two sections to just "Main Characters", since the series has ended and therefore 'former' and 'current' don't apply anymore. Lachatdelarue 22:55, 30 September 2007 (UTC)
I think that only the main characters should be listed and then a link to the characters page (Characters of Veronica Mars)in my view i class the following people as the main people.
- Veronica Mars
- Logan Echolls
- Wallace Fennel
- Cindy "Mac"
- Keith Mars
- FYI (although I know this is quite old) anyone who appeared as a credited cast member is included in the list of main characters, even though Aaron Echolls appeared far more than Mallory Dent, for instance. Jclemens (talk) 15:07, 2 June 2010 (UTC)
Apparently, there is some disagreement over the linking of the WikiBooks version of each article in the Navbox (especially when there is a WikiBooks link in the Toolbox on the left side of every page. See discussion here: Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Wikipedia-Books#Question. BIGNOLE (Contact me) 15:28, 6 May 2010 (UTC)