Template talk:WikiProject Northern Ireland
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Size of template
- I would like to see it trimmed more. The two bottom sections are really quite unnecessary. -- Evertype·✆ 17:08, 16 September 2006 (UTC)
- Evertype, when you edited it there were a few mistakes. I saw this just as the bot was about to start work on the NI Project and reverted it as quickly as I could. Unfortunately I was too late, and all 1,080 article assessements were removed from the project due to the edits you had made. The quickest way I saw to revert was by the "rollback vandal" option on my page. I tried to make a null edit afterwards to put an edit comment in telling people to ignore the previous suggestions of vandalism, but it didn't work out. Anyway, basically I clicked on "rollback vandal" out of panic and my intentions weren't to label you as a vandal in this case. Please accept my apologies.
- I'm not at home at the minute, and my time on Wikipedia is limited. But I will be looking at the template soon to see what can be done about trimming it a wee bit. I'm not saying I will definately trim it, but I will look at options and see if I feel it can be done in a way whihc will satiate both your concerns of clutter, and the concerns of the project. --Mal 11:15, 18 September 2006 (UTC)
- There is no policy regarding the size of WikiProject templates that I am aware of. Nor is there any reason to assume that the NI WP template should be any smaller than any other specific templates. I have said I will look at it later, when I have time. Please have some patience. --Mal 15:19, 18 September 2006 (UTC)
- Thanks for the heads up. I've fixed this now, though the 'article grading' section may be a candidate for pruning due to complaints about this template's size (see discussion above). --Mal 19:32, 6 October 2006 (UTC)